Brewer Fanatic

Archive Talkin' Brewers with Jim Powell - 2/2/08 Edition

trwi7

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FINALLY! I'm guessing that I'll be able to stream it over the net again. That sportsbubbler page (formerly Brewers Radio Network) isn't too user friendly but I think I saw links to listen somewhere.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

well, no guarantee on Uecker but it seems once a spring, Powell will get a phone call from Ueck and they'll ham it up (i.e. Ueck pretends to be a disgruntled fan or whatever, until they let the cat out of the bag), but they didn't at all last season. I didn't hear Uecker until that first Saturday in March when they did their first broadcast (I think Powell was out sick all weekend so Bob and Kent did everything themselves--and ragged on Jim the whole time).

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Ned talking about intangibles and winning players like Jason Kendall and Gabe Kapler. Specifically called Kapler a "winner" and statistics don't tell the whole story. I listened to that and thought of you guys and had to come and post it right away. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Ideally Ned would like to break camp with 12 pitchers and 13 position players. 5 starters, 5 solid righties out of the pen and 2 lefties out of the pen. Shouse and then either Stetter or Choate if they have good springs. All questions will be answered during ST.

Archived