Brewer Fanatic

Extra perks from your job.

InsomniacInkRoss

wow, i've seriously got absolutely nothing that i'd say is a perk of my job. that's sad.

the record for my coworkers never uttering a word to each other=3.5 days (no cubicles in my office, either)

ok, so this is slightly off-topic, but it at least fits a job thread. i did an experiment last year by wearing the exact same outfit to work every day--same shirt, pants, shoes and belt, to see if anyone would notice. made the whole thing pretty scientific. i made it six working days without anyone noticing at all (i didn't change my routine or conversational habits one bit). i had to stop only because of meetings with executives. i concluded it was more human nature not to notice something ultra-ordinary like that vs. a matter of my unique office atmosphere. however if anyone else would like to conduct the experiment themselves, i'd definitely be interested in the results.

Does posting at Brewerfan.net from work without permission count as a perk?

I got to do that too, with the laptop that the company bought for me. On top of that, they let me keep it when I stopped working for them. As well as the $600 HTC Mogul Cellphone, and more than that worth of tools.

They treated me pretty well.

The trick was, if I wanted to post on Brewerfan from 'work', I needed to set up the wireless internet in the hotel where I was working before I could get online. So I had incentive to get my job done as quickly as possible. Internet addiction will do that to you.

Archived