Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee at Boston Series

LouisEly

So my friend and I booked up 4 tickets ( 2 per game) to the Saturday and Sunday games. For those looking for hotels we booked the Extended Stay Deluxe in Burlington, MA for $43 a night on hotwire.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g41948-d121006-Reviews-Extended_Stay_Deluxe_Boston_Woburn-Woburn_Massachusetts.html It's the 2.5 star hotel that has a pool and high speed internet listed as ammenities, it's also going for $39 a night right now during those dates and is also 15 minutes outside of Boston. We're road tripping it so we'll be parking at their numerous transit locations and hoping the train or shuttle.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone have any available tickets (2) for the May 17th game? Got 2 for sunday, wont be in town till early morning (2am) saturday and want to go to both. Any one willing to sell otherwise I'll go stub hub or ebay route. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
I will be there for the Friday and Saturday games as well. Little did I know, when I bought the tickets that hotels were going to be so expensive. Every college in the are has graduation that weekend. There are a lot of colleges in the area. We ended up getting a hotel way outside of town, in Braintree, but at least we can still take the train in.

I will be at both weekend games. We are sitting next to Monster in third row on lf line. Also, got seats next to Pesky's (sp) pole in right. Saturday tix were $129 apiece and Sunday was $139/apiece on StubHub.

For two we got flights in on American early in the morning from O'Hare Saturday and we are staying at Logan Airport Hilton for two nights. Cost $850 total on www.aa.com.

Am I correct in saying that the Saturday game will be broadcast by Fox and the Sunday game by TBS? And they will not be blacked out because these games are not on FSN?

Neither will be blacked out, FSN will be showing the game on Sunday(in HD) however since TBS does not have the exclusive rights to their Sunday games.

Neither will be blacked out, FSN will be showing the game on Sunday(in HD) however since TBS does not have the exclusive rights to their Sunday games.

Thanks, so if I want an FSN alternative for a few games I can get the Fox and TBS broadcastas. That is pretty sweet.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Hi all, long-time lurker here. I just signed up because I wanted to post here. I'm a Wisconsinite who moved out here to Boston a couple of years ago and I'm a huge fan of the Crew. You can imagine my excitement when I caught wind of this series. My best friend is coming to visit and we have tickets for the Friday and Saturday games and may pick up Sunday yet, I'm not positive.

Anyway, just wanted to throw this out there. If anyone wants to meet up before or after the games or wants any advice at all, just post here. Would be nice to see some Crew fans! Our tickets are in the field boxes down the 3rd base line. If there is any sort of organized meet-up, it might be wise to meet at Kenmore station (subeway station by Fenway) and grab the train for a few miles to some bars that will be less packed than the Fenway ones. It is hard to get a beer there, let alone chat.

Also, I saw some talk about tailgating. It doesn't happen here as MassHaas mentioned. There's just no room. But I want to mention that you shouldn't miss the fun happening on the street outside the park. Great environment and suprisingly good sausages. Here's to hopefully meeting some of you!

I have one extra ticket for sale for the Saturday, May 17 game. It's in Section/Box 31-161, in Row AA. It's in the first row of that section and am just looking to recoup my cost for the ticket, so it's $100. If anyone is interested, please contact asap. Thanks.

Jason

414-213-2294

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'll be at games on Fri and Sat. Looking forward to seeing the Crew at least compete a little bit - maybe it'll be a turning point?e
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

One of my group backed out of our road trip to Boston, so I'm going to have one open seat for the game Friday night. It's up in Conigliaro's Corner (they're like bleachers up on the roof, down the 1st base line). The catch is, these are Will Call tickets only, so whoever wants to use this ticket will have to meet us outside of Fenway, and enter with my group. Face value of the ticket is $25.

If anybody out there is interested, email me at jfriese@gmail.com.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb59/jodo23/fenway_seat_map_ccs.gif

Edit: Corrected my "Bizzaro baseball" mistake. Even with a map, I still typed it in wrong!

One of my group backed out of our road trip to Boston, so I'm going to have one open seat for the game Friday night. It's up in Conigliaro's Corner (they're like bleachers up on the roof, down the 3rd base line). The catch is, these are Will Call tickets only, so whoever wants to use this ticket will have to meet us outside of Fenway, and enter with my group. Face value of the ticket is $25.

If anybody out there is interested, email me at jfriese@gmail.com.

They're actually 1st base line. I've sat there before and it's a good place to sit. That little section has its own concession stand so you don't end up waiting in lengthy lines. You also have a great view of the Monstah.

www.jsonline.com

Brewers fans heading to Boston grounded

Some Milwaukee Brewers fans are looking for other ways to get to Boston today after being bumped from overbooked Midwest Airlines flights.

Midwest Airlines has bumped an unusually high number of passengers from two Friday morning flights from Milwaukee to Boston, airline spokesman Michael Brophy confirmed. That happened because the airline's booking formula failed to account for unusually high traffic on today's flights generated by a rare Brewers series with the Boston Red Sox this weekend at Fenway Park, he said.

Midwest is working to get those passengers rebooked on other flights, Brophy said. One passenger said a total of 18 passengers were bumped from two morning flights on 88-passenger Boeing 717 jets.

Well, if any of the bumped fans had plans for tonight's game, they've got some leeway now.

(So Midwest Airlines, a Brewers sponsor, didn't anticipate that Brewer fans would turn out for this series?)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Long shot here, but is anyone staying at the Ramada out by JFK station? 2 of us are here and will have to take a cab back after the game tomorrow night (trains only run until 12)...so we're looking to potentially split a game back from Fenway. Just thought I'd check.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

I understand your concerns about the subway trains -- I do know that in the past when the Sox games have had similar unusual situations (and an 8:30 start time sure qualifies), that the T trains have run later with extended runs.

Funny you mention that, because on the subway home last night I met a young couple staying at the same hotel that you're at.

Let's say it's a three-hour game -- that is going to be ridiculous to squeeze folks into trains in such a small window, even if they extend past midnight.

And it certainly won't be easy to celebrate a Brewer doubleheader sweep in those circumstances (no late-night bar hops, for sure).

I'll be with you should you take the T after all. Look for me, and good luck to us all. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Yeah, yesterday I was shy about asking all the fans I chatted with if they knew about Brewerfan.net.

I should probably be more bold about it today.

And to all our readers, we realize we have this thread, the stickied roll call thread, the IGT, etc.

Thanks for your patience on all this, it's the only interleague road series other than the Twins this year, and there's interest in it from some unique perspectives -- it'll all be cleaned up by Monday.

Archived