Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee at Boston Series

LouisEly
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was trying to get 4 tickets together for both the Friday and Saturday games. They had 8 available seating options for both games, starting with the $90 Loge Box, all the down to the $12 Upper Bleachers. So, I start with the Friday game, and the $90 tickets, and I'm told that there aren't 4 contiguous tickets available; I'm then asked if I'd be willing to take singles in separate sections. Um, no. So I work my way down all the section options, starting all the way back at the beginning of the system each time, the woman's recorded voice getting more and more annoying as I go, and finally I get 4 together in the Upper Bleachers, Section 43, Row 49.

I repeat this same scenario with the Saturday game, with the exact same result. How hard would it be for them to add an option to search out the best available 4 contiguous seats? Guh.

I was in that exact same boat. I got my tickets around 10:45am CST and the best I could do was Upper Bleachers, Section 43, Row 48 for Friday and Section 43, Row 50 for Saturday. Was looking for 4 consecutive seats. The phone system was a nightmare of a process.

There should be an organized gathering at a near-by bar for all the Brewers fans to meet up. There's 4 in my group, Friday and Saturday. Heading to a Sam Adams brewery tour on Friday afternoon most likely. They take group tour reservations for groups of 20+, it would be awesome to get a group together for that.

We're staying at the Doubletree. About 3 miles from Fenway for 200/night for a suite. I've had it booked since October. I think 150 is the cheapest you'd ever find, which I don't think you will anymore. We're going to the Friday and Sunday game.

I was at Fenway in 2004, and will be returning for the Brewers series. There's definitely no tailgating, but there are some really good smells outside of the stadium. From what I can recall, the food is quite good at Fenway Park. I have a strong feeling there are going to be a lot of Brewer shirts in the crowd that weekend.

I'll be there for the Friday and Saturday games...hope to see lots of Brewers fans floating around. I'm up for grabbing a beer bfore the game at a bar or something. Anyone ever cheered for the away team in Fenway? Are we going to be getting some rough treatment?

I live really close to the park and I think there are a few other Boston locals on the board. I'd be happy to plan a meet up at a nearby bar for some postgame beers and (hopefully) celebrating. The bars in the immediate vicinity may be too packed right after the game for 20+ people to all get in together, but we can definitely figure something out.

As for rough treatment, it really depends on where you sit -- cheaper seats in my experience have been rowdier. But, like most places, not being obnoxious about it and in someone's face and knowing your stuff tend to alleviate most rough treatment.

It'll be just my girlfriend and I...and I'm not exactly a big guy...so this could be interesting. We'll be in row 17 on the third base side on Friday night and somewhere out in the bleachers on Saturday night....sounds like it could be an ugly couple of days...

This is Graduation Weekend in Boston.. BU, BC, MIT, Harvard among others are all in the general area have Graduation events going on, so many out of towners have taken up the hotel rooms. Hotwire and Priceline are your best bets.. If you can find a hotel on the MBTA line, the get it, it's a breeze getting to the park via train. I still haven't decided if I'm going or not..

I just checked Hotels.com- there are still some options around $100-$150 a night for that weekend, but you start getting 10-15+ miles away from Fenway.

It's worth checking out for those of you still in need of rooms. Just type in Fenway Park in the destination box.

• 3 weeks later...
My dad and I are looking at tickets on Stub Hub for the series in Boston just wondering if anyone knows where the obstructed views are in the park. Any help would be awesome. We were looking at some seats in Section 23, just don't wanna shell out a bunch of money and be watching a support beam all game long!!!

Speaking of hotels, I still have a hotel room available to share for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Thursday I'm staying at the Hampton Inn by the airport - looks like it is close to a subway stop and at $179/night (when I booked it a couple of weeks ago) a good bargain since you can take the subway just about anywhere. Friday and Saturday I bit the big one and cashed in a boatload of my Hilton points and got the Hilton Back Bay - the hot part of town right in the middle of everything. Those rooms are going for $600/night (and I had to cash in 80,000 points to get it), but I'll share it for $150/night with someone. Thursday night I'll share for only $50, but that's because you'll have to take the sofa sleeper (only one bed in the room, but the sofa pulls out into a bed). Free breakfast all of those days because I am Diamond level with Hilton.

Friday during the daytime I plan on exploring the city. I have tickets for Friday and Saturday, and since I would have to leave the game early on Sunday anyway to catch my flight I am planning on watching it at a sports bar somewhere.

My dad and I are looking at tickets on Stub Hub for the series in Boston just wondering if anyone knows where the obstructed views are in the park. Any help would be awesome. We were looking at some seats in Section 23, just don't wanna shell out a bunch of money and be watching a support beam all game long!!!

There is a book called Fenway Pole Finder that's available on amazon for about $10. It shows charts of every seat in every section of Fenway that is affected by poles. A problem still might be that Stub Hub only lists the section and row # and not seat #.

What I found on Stub Hub is that just about every seat below $200 was in a row that had pole obstructions. The only exception is the bleachers.

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to pass along a bit of info for those who are trying to go to Boston for the Brewers series. I found on Travelocity there are current specials from Milwaukee to Boston, I just booked two tickets for $407.00. There are a bunch of options and flights to choose from, so if your travel is somewhat flexible you to might be able to find a cheap flight.

Archived