Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee at Boston Series

LouisEly
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally I get 4 together in the Upper Bleachers, Section 43, Row 49.

I repeat this same scenario with the Saturday game, with the exact same result. How hard would it be for them to add an option to search out the best available 4 contiguous seats? Guh.

So, my question to those of you who've been to Fenway is: exactly how bad are these seats? Everything I've read online indicates that, well, at least I got in the door.

And, they're cheaper than SRO.

One word: binoculars. But it's an unobstructed view, and you'll be able to see their jumbo scoreboard with a sharp turn of your neck to the back right. Visit this link and click on your section for the view.

Finally... jeez. But I got the sections I wanted. Right field box for Friday's game, Loge box for Saturday's game. Now I have to get a hotel. But I think in the future I will just pay the premium from a broker than try to deal with that again.

Just a warning for those lucky enough to get tickets:

Hotel rooms for that weekend in the city of Boston are going for $350 to $800 per night.

The less expensive places to stay are by the airport and outside the city 20+ miles from Fenway.

It's a little disappointing because if you're able to find a place in the city, you can pretty much walk from one end of the city to the other and enjoy all the city has to offer with little hassle - and not have to worry about driving following the games and postgame nightlife.

As such, if you have tickets but must stay on the outskirts, and you have never been to Boston, make a point to spend a good part of the trip experiencing the city.

Wow, what a cluster. I had better luck getting through on the phone but the automated system is laughable.

Was hoping for 2 for Friday and 5 for Sunday. Got 2 for each. I needed them together, my 4 year old may be with me. In section 33 on Friday and 43 on Sunday. Not good seats (or at least what I wanted) but I'm in the building. 2 hours into it I got through but couldn't get 2 tickets together for anything better than section 33. I think that's a crock.

But, I've had the rest of the trip (hotel/flight) booked for months so I should be, and am, satisfied. We're taking Saturday off for sightseeing but I'm ready for pregame bf.net parties on Friday and Sunday.

I want to go to one of these games, and also the Mets at Yankee's that same weekend. Unfortunately, I might have an Differential Equations exam the Monday after. I think by the time the season starts I will have a good idea if I will be required to take it or not. Any other good suggestions for getting tickets once the regular season starts?

I am also planning on going to the Friday game then catching the Yanks/Mets game on Sunday. I cant wait!!!!!

So, my question to those of you who've been to Fenway is: exactly how bad are these seats? Everything I've read online indicates that, well, at least I got in the door.

And, they're cheaper than SRO.

You're in the next to the last row, I believe, but they aren't bad seats. In all honesty, the view isn't that different from the 10 times more expensive Green Monster, just without the coolness of being on the Monster. I actually prefer the upper bleachers due to the price and the fact that the people who are up there tend to be a lot more fun than the people in the loge seats.

Im up for some tailgating! I'll only be 19, but I can handle about 5 brats, and a bag of chips and a soda!

No bratwurst in Boston, Fenway Franks and rather expensive standard fare in the ballpark. Buy your sausage sandwich outside the park. And you guys will be blown away by the lack of freedom you have in bringing in food and/or containers of food and drink of any kind. It ain't gonna happen...

Im up for some tailgating! I'll only be 19, but I can handle about 5 brats, and a bag of chips and a soda!

No bratwurst in Boston, Fenway Franks and rather expensive standard fare in the ballpark. Buy your sausage sandwich outside the park. And you guys will be blown away by the lack of freedom you have in bringing in food and/or containers of food and drink of any kind. It ain't gonna happen...

I was in Massachusetts last spring visiting a friend. Some of the people we stayed with tried to make us Wisconsinites feel welcome and cooked us some brats. From what I understand, a pack of Johnsonvilles shouldn't be too hard to find. Maybe I'm wrong...

I got two seats, Section SRLLF. Standing room something.

I figure it's on the left side somewhere. But I really can't click on anything on redsox.com.

Do the SRO tickets let you wander the entire lower deck? Are they upper deck? I have zero clue.

Little help?

Another question. Is it possible to get from the right center field bleachers (sect 43) to the loge box seats behind the plate. For Sunday's game I have 2 in the bleachers and a single behind the plate. I just wondered if we'd be able to switch during the game.

I bought tickets through StubHub for Friday and Saturday. The price is substantially higher for the Saturday afternoon game on StubHub, but I decided to bypass the rush and buy through a secondary market. The Brewers at Fenway is too awesome to pass up.

Got in, got 6 seats for Friday's game, at that point the Saturday game was SRO.

Not sure if my friends and I will try to go Sat or not. We may just find a sportsbar in Boston to watch the game wat.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Another question. Is it possible to get from the right center field bleachers (sect 43) to the loge box seats behind the plate. For Sunday's game I have 2 in the bleachers and a single behind the plate. I just wondered if we'd be able to switch during the game.

Long walk, naturally, but yes...save the stubs so you can switch off...

I was wondering what hotel everyone who is attending the game(s) is staying at or if anybody has any recommendations as to what hotel to stay in. I am just a poor college student so I am looking for a relatively inexpensive hotel. I plan on attending the Saturday and Sunday games with a group of about 6-8 people. What game(s) is everybody else going to?

Thanks for your help in advance!

We have reservations at the Ramada Boston, at about $150 a night. 6 miles from Fenway, 3 miles from downtown. Unfortunately, they appear to be booked up (I made reservations about 3 weeks ago), but if you keep checking their availability, you may get lucky if someone cancels. The info is below:

Ramada Boston
800 Morrissey Boulevard
Freeport St
Boston, MA 02122 US

Phone: 617-287-9100
Fax:617-265-9287

http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=13366&brandInfo=RA

We really wanted to stay at the Howard Johnson right next to Fenway, but I waited about a week too long to book it. That would have been sweet.

Archived