Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee at Boston Series

LouisEly
Looking for someone to potentially split a hotel room with and possibly tickets. Hotels cost an arm and a leg in Boston, but I can get a 4-star hotel in a great part of town near the stadium (Hilton Back Bay) for $439/night Thurs-Sat, which divided amongst two people is not bad for Boston; plus I'm Diamond level with Hilton so I usually get upgraded to a nicer room, free breakfast & happy hour. I'm coming in on Thursday because I've never been to Boston and I want to spend Friday daytime doing the tourist thing. If I don't find a roomie I'll try to get a cheaper hotel. Let me know if you're interested and what your situation is.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 42 browser windows going all tiled.

The window will change from a header of virtual waiting room to Boston Red Sox ...... so all you need to be able to see is the header of the window.

I already got in and bought 2 tickets in the front row of the infield grandstand for the Saturday game. Since they were first row I decided to jump on them since they only hold them for 90 seconds. Apparenly after completing the one transaction you have to start all over in the waiting room to get more.

I've had 25 open for almost an hour and still haven't gotten in. I wanted to get tickets for Friday and Saturday, but I'll be lucky to get even one game. This is really getting old in a hurry....there has to be a better way for sports teams to do this.

I agree, there needs to be a better way, although at least it is random and not first one that happned to click like some other places.

I got in after 10 minutes with one of my 42 windows. I should have just bought 8 tickets all at once, but didn't want the 2 front row grandstand tickets that were being held to get released back while I looked for more. I figured that since I got in pretty quickly the first time I would probably get right back in, but I haven't gotten in again even with all those windows. I did read some posts on a Sox message board saying last year people were in the waiting room for like 12 hours and still got tickets though. As of right now there are only two games with limited availability and those are the Cardinal's series in June.

There are a boatload of browsers available besides Safari, IE, and Firefox. To name a few:

Camino (Mac)

SeaMonkey (Windows, UNIX, Mac)

Flock (Windows, UNIX, Mac)

iCab (Mac)

K-Meleon (Windows)

OmniWeb (Mac)

Konqueror (UNIX)

Opera (Windows, UNIX, Mac, more)

Shiira (Mac)

Netscape (Windows, Mac) [Netscape is being discontinued again.]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'll be at the Friday and Saturday games and as the date of the series nears, we'll try and firm up a nice Brewerfan gathering either pre- or post-game, or both.

I got my tickets via local connections here, not through today's waiting game.

I live about 50 miles south of Boston, and not necessarily an expert on the best way to enjoy the city in a tourist kind of way, for those arriving early. But again, as the date nears, I'll offer whatever info I can.

Good luck to all.

Notice how there hasn't been an update since 11EST - they didn't do one at noon. I wouldn't be surprised if the system has crashed.

Getting up at 6:45AM on a Saturday and by 9:15 still no tickets... seriously, I will never do this again. It's worth paying twice face value through a broker to not have to deal with this.

I managed to get through on the phone about an hour in. That had to be the most annoying automated service I've ever dealth with.

I was trying to get 4 tickets together for both the Friday and Saturday games. They had 8 available seating options for both games, starting with the $90 Loge Box, all the down to the $12 Upper Bleachers. So, I start with the Friday game, and the $90 tickets, and I'm told that there aren't 4 contiguous tickets available; I'm then asked if I'd be willing to take singles in separate sections. Um, no. So I work my way down all the section options, starting all the way back at the beginning of the system each time, the woman's recorded voice getting more and more annoying as I go, and finally I get 4 together in the Upper Bleachers, Section 43, Row 49.

I repeat this same scenario with the Saturday game, with the exact same result. How hard would it be for them to add an option to search out the best available 4 contiguous seats? Guh.

So, my question to those of you who've been to Fenway is: exactly how bad are these seats? Everything I've read online indicates that, well, at least I got in the door.

And, they're cheaper than SRO.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I was in Boston for work last summer and bought tix off Craig's List for about 10% above face. Granted, it was a mid week game.

Just throwing that out there in case the online thing doesn't work out.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'll be going but my brother lives in Back Bay so I'm staying with him. Should be a good time. I think there will be a large Brew Crew contingent there.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I finally gave up. I tried calling probably 200 times, and had 30 or so windows open and couldn't get in. After almost 4 hours of sitting here I finally said the heck with it. I'll just bite the bullet and but them from stubhub or something. Twice face value isn't THAT bad, but this entire situation has been very frustrating and disappointing. There has to be a better way of selling tickets.

After the fact but maybe useful...Firefox has a free plug in that allows you to open IE as a tab inside of Firefox. It's called "IE Tab". You'll never - ever - have to open IE again.
20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

I want to go to one of these games, and also the Mets at Yankee's that same weekend. Unfortunately, I might have an Differential Equations exam the Monday after. I think by the time the season starts I will have a good idea if I will be required to take it or not. Any other good suggestions for getting tickets once the regular season starts?

Archived