Brewer Fanatic

Yuku Supporter now available

1992casey
  1. How do I get Yuku supporter?

Hit the navigation button at the top right of any Yuku page. In the Account area on the left, you'll see a link that says, "Yuku Supporter - Buy Now!"

2. How do Brewerfan and LambeauLeap benefit when I become a Yuku Supporter?

The boards are priced based on page impressions. Page impressions by logged in Yuku Supporters aren't counted toward the cost of the boards.

3. How will I directly benefit?

These are the current features offered to Yuku Supporters:

Five Extra Profiles
    You'll have the option of creating an extra five profiles, making it possible to have a total of ten profiles on a single account.
    Five Extra Signatures
    You'll be able to create and save five extra signatures per profile, giving you a total of ten per profile.
    Extra Image Hosting Space
    You'll receive 100 MB of image hosting space compared to 30 MB for non-Supporters.
    Ad-Free Experience

You'll be able to view Yuku profiles and non-Gold Yuku communities without Yuku-generated ads. Because Brewerfan pays to be a Gold community, it will not display ads placed by Yuku. LambeauLeap will go Gold once Yuku ads kick in.

Note that the ads at the top and the bottom of each Brewerfan board page are placed by Brewerfan/LambeauLeap. Those will remain. Likewise, the ads at the bottom of the LambeauLeap board pages will remain.

4. If I have more than one profile name, do I have to pay for Yuku Supporter for each one?

As long as your profiles are on the same account, they will share your Yuku Supporter status.

5. What does Yuku Supporter cost?

$7 for six months; $12 for a year. Upon enrolling for the first time, you'll be credited with an additional month free of charge.

6. How do I pay?

You'll be walked through the process by following the "Yuku Supporter - Buy Now!" link. Pay with PayPal or with a credit card. If you wish, you may choose to automatically renew when your subscription expires.

7. Is there a cool icon we can display like we had at ezBoard?

There's no cool icon yet, but one is in the works.

8. Instead of Buy Now, the link in my Yuku controls indicates that I already have Yuku Supporter. What gives?

Any time left on your previous ezSupporter subscription would have been applied to Yuku Supporter.

9. Will Brewerfan and LambeauLeap be asking for contributions to maintain Gold status?

Brewerfan and LambeauLeap will eventually be asking for contributions, but it's not an immediate need.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• 2 weeks later...

I found this pretty important tidbit from a Yuku staff member:
There's a "continue" button you have to click after you view the PayPal receipt or confirmation page. Sometimes that gets overlooked and (Yuku) never receives notification that you've paid.
Payment should show up in your controls immediately; the link that says Yuku Supporter - Buy Now! should change to say Yuku Supporter until mm/dd/yy. If it doesn't, I'd suggest waiting a few hours before panicking. If there are issues after that time, you can file Yuku Help ticket. Also, don't hesitate to post questions to this thread.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived