Brewer Fanatic

Baseball Bluebook - ideas? suggestions? ect.

The Active 33
I am currently working with the Baseball Bluebook in putting together their 100th Anniversary Edition for the 2008 season. As true baseball fans, I would like to know if any of you have any ideas to improve the current product. I appreciate any comments- positive and/or negative. Thanks

I either purchased or received the Bluebook as a gift from 1998 to 2005. It seems to me there wasn't an option in the professional edition for the three ring binder version but I could be mistaken. I see that it is available in this format this year, so that scratches one suggestion off my list.

I wasn't very happy when the editions were split into pro versus college. Sure, information on both is available but basically at double the price it was before the split.

The historian in me says you could have an extremely vital research source here if you included a complete necrology of major and minor league players from the past year. The information is out there--maybe you need to talk with SABR--but to put it all in one place would be great. It would be great to have a few lines about the players career if at all possible--especially for the minor leaguers.

You could also include sort of a travel tips section for each park. Include times when gates open, nearby hotels, and maybe even promotional schedules with a later update. Autograph hounds might be appreciative of any tips for best places to score them--I think there is a similar baseball book out there with this data, but again--the Bluebook is more complete.

The daily schedules are an absolute nightmare to read (at least they were in the 05 version). Not sure how they could be improved, but it could be looked at.

That's all I can think of for now. Hope there is a nugget or two you can use. Good luck!

Archived