Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bonecrushers - professional indoor football

Dnye23

I saw this topic was vaguely talked about last year when the team was first announced. The team has been well established since then. I work in the front offices as a e-marketer, so if anyone has any questions about this new team please do ask.

You can grab the first look at this team and Gilbert Brown's coaching skills on Sunday, February 17th @ 4pm. This is going to be a 'Family Night' event, which you'll see a 4-quarter intra-squad scrimmage along with fun activities and giveaways for adults and children. Tickets are $17.50 for any seat in the U.S. Cell.

The Bonecrushers then start their season at The Cell on Friday, March 21st against the rival Chicago Slaughter.

Austin 5:29

Life never slows down, so always make it exciting #moveit

www.milwaukeebonecrushers.com

Season tickets can be ordered through the Bonecrushers front office, 414-755-2410 or information@mkebonecrushers.com

Single tickets, including the Family Night event are available at ticketmaster outlets, ticketmaster.com, call ticketmaster at 414-276-4545, or the U.S. Cellular Box Office.

rival Chicago Slaughter

Not a game in the books and they already have a rival? How does this happen? Do rivals neccessairly have to be the team closest to your city? In my opinion no, rivals are decided by the gameplay and history made out of actually playing, not distance from town to town. In football for example, Dallas and Philly and New England/Miami.

rival Chicago Slaughter

Not a game in the books and they already have a rival? How does this happen? Do rivals neccessairly have to be the team closest to your city? In my opinion no,

rivals are decided by the gameplay and history made out of actually playing, not distance from town to town. In football for example, Dallas and Philly and New

England/Miami.

Come on it's Milwaukee(Green Bay) vs. Chicago, Wisconsin vs. Illinois. Plus the team is in our division so why wouldn't be be considered a rival. Rock River (Rockford, IL) is also a rival, which they are also in our division. So should I say division rivals then? Dallas/Philly - same division, NE/Miami - same division. I think it's different with Chicago though simply because we always think of Chicago as the hated enemy, no matter what sport or history between 2 teams/cities. Chicago people talked crap about us, we talked crap about them so the general city vs. city history is there. I mean games like this are sometimes made out to be personal and not just a game. Also, like Invader said, the coaching rivalry is there although they are somewhat friends.

Rivals are made, not just assigned due to geographical boundaries. Also, there are rivalries made outside of the division, SF/GB, etc. Pimp your organization all you want, just don't use "rival" in your advertisement as if the game has extra meaning. There are plenty of division teams that don't get as jacked up for each other and therefore I wouldn't call them rivals simply due to division alone. An example being TB Lightning and Florida Panthers in the NHL. From dictionary.com when used as a noun as you have used it a person or thing that is in a position to dispute another's preeminence or superiority . I don't think either team is in a position to dispute either one of those things, they are just playing their first football game.

No, you are not understanding what I just said. It's the city of Milwaukee vs. the city of Chicago, that is the rivalry. It's not just a game, doesn't matter how many games have been played between 2 teams, or team history. Besides, rivalries are meant to sell more tickets and appeal to bigger crowds. If this first game was against the Rochester team, obviously it wouldn't have as much meaning because and teams and cities don't know anything about each other. Geography does play a certain part in most rivalries. With your example TB vs. Florida, very close to each other which will bring a fan base from both sides rather than a GB vs. SF (which is why not many people talk about that being a big rivalry). Same thing here, we know there will be more Chicago fans there to show support then the Rochester Raiders will. You can ask anyone in the this area and the Chicago area, doesn't matter what sport is, when they see these 2 cities against each other on paper they think rivalry. And with your dictionary meaning, Chicago played last year and did quite well. A lot of people down there that support that team don't think we have a chance against them. So, that would mean we are in a position to dispute what they are saying. I understand your point of view and I'm not saying your wrong, but understand my points as well.

I dont know Rochester from Chicago or a hole in the wall in regard to this league. Someday, it could be a rivalry, but they aren't a rival today. In March, it'll just be another game on the schedule. Wisconsin-Northwestern isn't a rival. That's Wisconsin vs Chicago in some regards, they are in the same conference, but I wouldn't call them a rival, would you? Chances are if the league lasts and a franchise lasts in both cities, they could end up being a rivalry. I get your points, just not there yet, in my opinion.

It doesn't matter if you don't know about the league or who Rochester is, but if you do look at a map Rockester is in NY. A fan base from Chicago would come here more than they would from Rochester, or vice versa. Anyways, back to this topic, if anyone has any question about the team (instead of questioning my statements) please let me know.

Archived