Brewer Fanatic

Admirals Ownership

lcbj68c
I had no idea the Milwaukee Admirals were owned by Sheets, Attanasio, and Ash. Kind of makes me think Attanasio and Sheets might have a firmer relationship than just baseball and could influence the decisions to keep him in Milwaukee.

Harris Turer, a minority Brewer owner, is the Admirals' principal owner. Jon Greenberg, former Brewer PR guy, is team president. I believe he also owns a share of the team. And Tim Van Wagoner, former Brewer broadcasting head, is Director of Marketing. I'm betting that Sheets' investment was probably in the $50,000 range.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The Ad's draw about 3,000 people to their home games. How are these 7 owners making any money.

This probably helps. A friend of mine won the human hockey puck contest last weekwhere you get slinged across the ice into 6 bowling pins. His prize? A box of Uncle Ben's Chicken flavored rice.

Nice.

The Ad's draw about 3,000 people to their home games. How are these 7 owners making any money.

This probably helps. A friend of mine won the human hockey puck contest last weekwhere you get slinged across the ice into 6 bowling pins. His prize? A box of Uncle Ben's Chicken flavored rice.

Nice.

It's actually 4,839. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

As for the making money part, you're assuming that these guys get paid like players in the NHL, they don't.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I remember when the Admirals used to play in front of pretty big crowds at MECCA - for some reason I want to say they averaged over 10K per game back in the day.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Wow, minor league hockey used to be big. I personally don't care for major league hockey, tending only to watch hockey when it's the Olympics. I never had a lot of hockey exposure and tend to believe that while the action is hard-hitting, there isn't enough scoring or scoring opportunities to make it exciting, ala soccer. I do like to get behind local teams, however can't bring myself to go to an Admirals game over a sport i'm not lukewarm about anyway. Now indoor soccer seems exciting and when living in Tampa, I was a huge Storm fan. Didn't this city used to have an AFL franchise? Any idea what the numbers are for the WAVE as compared to the Admirals. I'm also wondering what the reaction and turnout will be for the Bonecrushers. With a lot of local boys on that team and constant hype from 1250AM, maybe they will surpass the Admirals. It's that lull time of the year between Packers and Brewers with the Bucks sucking, so I'm looking for a sports out until opening day http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wow, minor league hockey used to be big. I personally don't care for major league hockey, tending only to watch hockey when it's the Olympics. I never

had a lot of hockey exposure and tend to believe that while the action is hard-hitting, there isn't enough scoring or scoring opportunities to make it

exciting, ala soccer. I do like to get behind local teams, however can't bring myself to go to an Admirals game over a sport i'm not lukewarm about

anyway.

There are way more scoring oppurtunities in hockey than in soccer especially after they changed the rules in hockey. Hockey is awesome to watch in person because you can see everything that goes on instead of just everything close to the puck like on TV.

I can't find the Wave attendance numbers but I'm guessing it's probably something similar to the Admirals.

Now indoor soccer seems exciting and when living in Tampa, I was a huge Storm fan. Didn't this city used to have an AFL franchise? Any idea what the numbers are for the WAVE as compared to the Admirals.

The Wave has always been in the NPSL (now MISL "II"). They played in the BC until 2003. The attendance increased gradually throughout the 90's until it hit 8,000 a game in about '02 or so. Then they got a better deal from The Cell, moved there and became a primary tennant. But since then they struggle to get 5,000 for a game. They don't market themselves well anymore. I think they have a home game Sunday afternoon. With the Packers done, hopefully they'll have one of their better turnouts.

Archived