Brewer Fanatic

Looking for baseball geek to join our computer baseball league

ecjimg
There is a team available in the computer baseball league that I am in. The games are played using the previous years statistics...The managers send (email) in a weekly line up (most weeks 11 games)to the guy who puts them in the computer for Diamond Mind to run the games. This league does NOT redraft every year....although it has a 7 round draft to draft fill ins or prospects. Managers have to pay attention to their players actual plate appearances, games started, innings pitched and such...and pretty much (with some wiggle room) can not exceed what the player really did the previous year. For example, if Prince is one of my firstbasemen and he played 154 games at 1b last year, then I could only play him 154 games in computer baseball for 08. If Zito had 30 starts an 180 innings pitched, I can only start him 30 times and somewhere around 180 innings (i think they give an extra 10 % for innings pitched). It is a 16 team league, and most teams have nearly 2 starters (batters) at each position. The league was started 20 something years ago (long before Diamond Mind and similar computer programs). Unfortunatley the available team is in the Ann Arbor Conference (there is also a Milwaukee conference) and the teams they draft from does not include the brewers. The two conferences have separate drafts, each having 15 MLB teams to draft from. A roster has 16 active batters, 11 active pitchers and 16 reserve that can be players you use throughout the season or minor league prosepects. The available team did finish first in their division, 17 games ahead. (I of course would email the rosters to you before youd have to give a definate yes!). Let me know if there is interest or if anyone has questions, you can post them here or email them to me on this site or ecjimg@aol.com. Thanks. oh, there is $25 yearly fee for the sportsattic website to post the boxscores, standings etc....although that hasnt been going well the last few years, so we might drop them

I already play in a Diamond Mind league (30 teams so teams have to scrap for players sometimes) that we've done for, jeez, this will be our 19th season!

Your situation sounds like ours (minus the 2 starters at each position--we got rid of that 2 years into the league as it wasn't realistic) so I'd be interested in checking it out. Do you have a league constitution, rules, etc.? Sounds interesting but maybe I don't need to join another league. If you got anything, PM me and I'll take a look at least.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

no, unfortunately we dont have typed rules or constitution.....its been pretty informal cause it started with a group of college buddies and the eventual replacements were buddies that they told "word of mouth"..The only reason why every team seems to have two starters at each position is that there are only 16 teams. Its not a requirement at all. Because there is no redraft every year, you have to build your team with minor leaguers or trades.

Archived