Brewer Fanatic

Second Milwaukee area team to start (team #2)

brewerjamie15

With the flagship Milwaukee team shrinking its roster to 15 players and the interest the team drew, it's been suggested that a second team be formed. I have decided to explore this possibility and am now requesting that those interested start telling me so.

Our first team is in league MS-385 which is a Super Saver League. This league is only 10 weeks and is therefore less money. This league is usually full and therefore probably not an option for us.

I have contacted the Milwaukee Recreation Department and inquired about league openings. Slots are sometimes tough to come by so it although we will most likely have a slot someplace, it will not be in the Power League or the Super Saver League.

Right now, I can not tell you on which nights the 2nd team will be playing. I won't know that for a while yet. Most likely, I won't have a night for you until the end of February. I can tell you it will be a 14 week season and it will be in the Milwaukee area someplace.

I am going to need to know how much interest there is in a second team because if there is not enough interest, I'm going to concentrate my efforts elsewhere.

I am also at this point going to need someone to volunteer to head this team. I am not in a position that allows me 2 nights a week for softball so I can only do the one team. I will take the first one to show interest so we can collaborate our efforts and narrow down league preferences. You will be the captain of this team and you will run it. I am only going to help launch it and get the thing running. I will help out with fees, etc. but other than that, it's all you.

So-

Players interested in participating in softball, please let us know via this thread. Skill level is completely open and all players get equal time.

Please let us know below who you are and your desired position.

At this point, it appears as if Co-Ed team leagues are full. I would need to know if there are any girls on the site interested in a Milwaukee area coed team. If you're a girl, and you would like to play, we will try to accommodate you.

Thanks Guys.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I would be interested, just depends on what night it is.

I'm only locked up on Tuesday's and Friday's as of now. I haven't heard anything from the Wednesday night team yet and I would take a captains spot over playing there.

One Stop Shop For Cell Phone Accessories. Like US On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Wireless/233579846693356

It would be an honor to play on the same team as the happy youngster! Hopefully we get some more people interested because I really would like to play for BF.net

Some background on me: I play 2 years of college ball at MATC in the outfield and pitched one game, conference champion in '03. Last year finally got on a softball team but didn't keep track of stats. Although I know I had about a .800 OBP based on what I remember. I can play anywhere (was very comfortable playing SS), I bat/throw left, don't have much power (although I've been lifting more this winter) but I can hit the gaps and above-average speed.

Austin 5:29

Life never slows down, so always make it exciting #moveit

Yeah this is a whole entire second team. We already have a team on Thursday night's at Sijan, and just recently we've starting a second one. The night is still TBD and more information will be known in the next couple weeks. Throw smsimballer on this team with a friend of mine I had register for the site the other night and we're sitting with 6-7 guys for this team with plenty of time to join.

Archived