Brewer Fanatic

How are you dealing with your excitement for the upcoming season?

RobDeer 45

I'm sure there are many of you out there that just can't handle the wait for this upcoming season like me. So my question is, what are you doing to get through this last month of waiting until players start reporting for spring training?

I have been visiting this site every day and reading up on what you all have to say. I also enjoy going to the Brewers site and watching a few highlights of last years games. I can't wait to hear the likes of Uecker and Anderson over the radio and TV again! It's a sign that spring is here.

So anyway, lets here what you have all been up to this off season to deal with your excitement.

I've been watching some games on MLB.tv, god bless it.

Just yesterday night I watched a game against Florida, a 3-0 win where Sheets threw 6 shutout innings and Brian Anderson told the story about Ben Sheets yelling at a water bottle. I've also watched the wins they did get against Chicago, and a lot of games where Yovani started.

If it wasn't for this website, I would be forced to surf to others...which just don't cut it for me.

I'll watch anything baseball related that comes on FSN or ESPN. I like watching the Roundtable w/Dennis Krause on the TimeWarner Sports Channel. They have something Brewer related at least once a week.

Oh man....I can't wait!!!!!

How are you dealing with your excitement for the upcoming season?

By reminding myself how quickly it's going to pass once it arrives. Reminding myself to enjoy each play/pitch of each game... because the Brewers may not have a team this talented again for a long time. 2008 is the/a year...

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

After the way the Packers blew their chance at the Super Bowl and not being able to watch all the Badger basketball games because of the Big Ten Network. I just want a team I can FOLLOW AGAIN!

To deal with my boredom Ive been looking over every team and making there lineups and rotations to see how we stack up against em. Its all I can do as I wait. Ive also been projecting our 2009 lineup and when I think prospects are gonna make it to the bigs.

Ive also been looking at every single roster to see who might possible be interested in Claudio Vargas and to see who has any excess catchers that would be an improvement over Eric Munson, Mike Rivera and Vinny Rottino

@WiscoSportsNut

I set up a trampoline in my living room. Before running and jumping on it and flying at the wall with wild abandon, I eat 3 bowls of Lucky Charms. This makes me puke rainbows while flying through the air.

This is how I deal.

Has anyone heard anything about Talkin' Brewers yet? The Brewers Radio Network site redirects to Sports Bubbler, which isn't the least bit helpful.

yes, b19! I, too, did the same thing yesterday looking for Talkin' Brewers info and this "sports bubbler" thing popped up instead. Lot's of brewer info. NONE about radio stuff.

I do seem to remember they began either last week of January or first week of February on Saturday afternoons in the past, but I could be wrong.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

oops, totally forgot to post my answer to the initial poster's question.

I play my Diamond Mind Baseball season and I do a daily countdown on my whiteboard in my classroom for days 'til Spring Training and Opening Day.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'm all sportsed-out after the Packers loss. For the most part, I'm over it, but I haven't turned on ESPN this week. I actually haven't been getting all that excited about the Brewers yet. I'm sure I will, though, as they have been my favorite sports team since I was a zygote.

I'm so excited I had one of these cut as my house key at the hardware store this morning:

http://www.ssb3.net/users//46405/mlb_brewers_sc1.jpg

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Archived