Brewer Fanatic

Are the Brewers on Direct Tv or Dish Network?

BobbleFever
I have Charter and they are on FSN Wisconsin. I don't see that specific channel on their either one's line-up. They both have FSN North, which the Brewers used to be on. I was thinking about switching, but this could be a major deal breaker. Anyone know for sure?

I have Dish Network and to get the Brewer games I needed to buy the America's Top 120 Package. I dont know how much more the 120 package costs vs their standard Top 60 package, but I seem to recall that the difference was nominal.

With regards to Directv....

The Brewers are on Channel 642 FSN-WI. The channel only appears in the lineup when a game is scheduled. You do not need to order the sports package. Your local Regional Sports Network is included along with local channels. For me in the Milwaukee area that means I get FSN-North (channel 641) full time and FSN-WI during Brewers/Bucks games.

DishNet (BOOOO!) also carries the Brewers. Both providers only switch on the channel specifically for the games. The big difference is that with DishNet, the channel moves arround from day to day. You never know where it will be.

FSN-North used to actually be two channels, "FSN-North (MN)" & "FSN-North (WI)". Last year they renamed FSN-North WI to "FSN Wisconsin"

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

The Brewers are on Channel 642 FSN-WI. The channel only appears in the lineup when a game is scheduled. You do not need to order the sports package. Your local Regional Sports Network is included along with local channels. For me in the Milwaukee area that means I get FSN-North (channel 641) full time and FSN-WI during Brewers/Bucks games.

And this is exactly the kind of service that made me pay to cancel my 12 month lease with Directv after 4 months. They told me that I had to get the sports package if I wanted to see any of the games, which means I was paying $12 extra for a bunch of channels that I didn't watch because I thought it would be the only way to watch the Brewers. I won't go into the rest of the crap I went through with them. Man, I finally got over being mad at them and then you go and tell me this.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

With all the new HD capacity on DirecTV and the announcement that at least the home Brewer games will utilize HD I am hoping DirecTV will show the Brewer games in HD all the time this year. I have seen a number of Bucks games on 642-1 being shown in HD.

And as a few others have mentioned if you live in WI you should be able to get FSN WI which is 642 or 642-1 (HD) as part of your base package without subbing to the sports package. The sports package won't help much with out of market broadcasts because MLB requires them to be blacked out. You have to subscribe to the MLB Extra Innings package to get the out of market games carried on the other regional sports networks.

As long as I've been a directv customer (1997-2000, 2001-present) I've always received my RSN (back in the day it was MSC, now FSN) with my package. Every spring I pick up the sports package for the extra spring training games, then drop it in April.

Again, as far as I know your local RSN is part of every price tier except the Family Package.

I don't know what the fascination is with satellite. I moved in with my buddy who just had DISH installed and I feel like smashing it off the roof with a baseball bat.

You answered your own question. DishNet is terrible. I'll stop now before I turn this into a Directv vs DISH topic.

FSN-WI is supposed to carry way more HD this year. I believe Mr. Antanasio mentioned something to that effect @ Winter Warmup.

The satellite forum www.dbstalk.com is quite handy, lots of DirecTV and Dish engineers post the latest.

2008 promises HEAPS of fresh MLB-HD content, the DirecTV deal with MLB is a major reason. We should get MANY Brewer games in HD, instead of a tasty nugget every month or so!

As long as I've been a directv customer (1997-2000, 2001-present) I've always received my RSN (back in the day it was MSC, now FSN) with my package. Every spring I pick up the sports package for the extra spring training games, then drop it in April.

I recently signed up for Directv and the package I signed up for includes all of the RSN's. I know the deal with Extra Innings but do they really show the Spring Training games on some of the networks? I know that NESN has been blocking some of the Red Sox classic games but MASN and YES have shown a couple of Orioles and Yankees classics. I am just wondering what to expect come spring

You answered your own question. DishNet is terrible. I'll stop now before I turn this into a Directv vs DISH topic.

I did word that all wrong. I've never had any experience with DirectTV so I shouldn't have lumped all satellite together. I had DISH one other time before this and I got rid of it after three months. I was pretty disappointed to hear that my buddy had it installed right before I moved in.

I recently signed up for Directv and the package I signed up for includes all of the RSN's. I know the deal with Extra Innings but do they really show the Spring Training games on some of the networks? I know that NESN has been blocking some of the Red Sox classic games but MASN and YES have shown a couple of Orioles and Yankees classics. I am just wondering what to expect come spring

In years past spring training games have never been blacked out. Most of the teams broadcasting seem to be from the Grapefruit league though. However I am usually able to catch a Brewers/Rockies Brewers/Giants & Brewers/Sox game that I wouldn't have been able to see other wise. It helps me get my Brewers fix.

The Brewers are on Channel 642 FSN-WI.

Last year, later in the season, several WMLW games were on a different channel: usually channel 658, I believe. It caused enough confusion that on those days, we made sure that information was in the In Game Thread title and that a thread was stickied in the Major League Forum.

I'm hoping this is a precursor to not having conflicts with the Bucks in the spring. If there's another channel opened up, maybe DirecTV will be able to show both games simultaneously.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived