Brewer Fanatic

How much will "Totally Cool" worth

sheetswannabe

The way people are flooding the market right now, who knows. I think people expected a repeat of the "Man of the Year" issue but so far not so much. Seems like everybody picked up 20 copies this time around.
20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Wisconsin is a strange place when it comes to sports memorabilia. I would think it would be worth basically nothing, as there are jillions of them being grabbed, and there's nothing unique about them. Generally speaking, magazines don't hold their value, and I would think that anyone who wants one will pick one up now.

Football is also such a "now" game, with little attention paid to the past. Who is buying Dorsey Levens memorabilia now? Or LeRoy Butler?

But since it's Favre, and it was such a memorable game, then it might grab a few dollars.

I wouldn't devote too much energy or storage space in keeping more than a couple of them.

Plus, the Sportsman Of The Year issue is only one of two SI's repressed, so obviously everyone bought them...

I have a friend at SI who told me about this. Favre got the award over Federer for two reasons: One because Favre is American and two, every year SI puts on a big party and invites the athletes that are in contention for the award, and the last two years Federer didn't show, so the last two years he didn't get the award.

Archived