Brewer Fanatic

Worst use of Baseball...

lovehate

What are some of the worst instances of baseball you can think of, as in other areas of pop culture, or outside of an actual game.

My vote would be that horrible Meatloaf song that breaks into Phil Rizzuto or some announcer calling a game.

An example of good would be when Bette Midler got taken out at the plate on an episode of Seinfeld. I also enjoyed Don Drysdale giving Greg Brady some pitching tips.

I did see the Scott Walker card, he had a blank jersey tucked super tight into a pair of jeans.

I thnk Tony Danza's character on Who's the Boss was supposed to be a former Cardinals minor leaguer, but I'm not positive.

the Chicago Cubs would still count, right?

Angels in the outfield? but i guess that was a kids movie and was what it was.

those old Tommy LaSorda commercials.

politicians (any denomination) throwing out first pitches. i don't like it. or wearing team hats just to gain popular support (again, they all do it).

The worst? That's easy, Major League 3.

Actually just saw part of that movie a few weeks ago on TV. I think one of the local channels was showing it as a mid-afternoon weekend filler. I couldn't believe how low budget and boring it felt, especially compared to the first Major League.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

What was the movie about the kid that messed up his arm and could suddenly throw 100 MPH? I think it was something like "Rookie of the Year" or something. I vote for that one.

I don't mind the Tony Danza thing. Ted Danson/"Sam Malone" was a former Red Sox pitcher and that never bothered me.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

"Little Big League" kind of bothered me a little bit. It was about a kid who inherited the Minnesota Twins and named himself the manager of the team. I was deeply disturbed by "The Fan" starring Wesley Snipes and Robert DeNiro. I am a Wesley Snipes movie fan, but that movie was atrocious. There is a reason it has never been shown regularly on regular TV.

Oh, and every Celebrity Softball game during All-Star week. Can't they get any better TV stars to play besides James Denton and Kevin James every year?

Oh, and every Celebrity Softball game during All-Star week. Can't they get any better TV stars to play besides James Denton and Kevin James every year?

I think the reason that they can't get better stars to play is because many stars don't care/like baseball and/or their PR firms don't think it's a good match for their image.

Personally, I couldn't give a rip about that softball farce. Now, the rookie game? awesome.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived