Brewer Fanatic

Would you sell Brewer NLCS Tickets for a profit?

brewerjamie15

Hypothetical question here- (maybe)

With all the Packers talk on sports radio they have taken to calling ticket sellers "non-fans". Let's see what you would do with Brewer tickets to a NLCS game at Miller Park.

Let's just say the Brewers were in the NLCS. Does not matter who it is against, let's just say that it's 3 games to 3 games with the final battle being waged on our home turf.

You have tickets. Does not matter where they are, or what face value is on your tickets, let's pretend you have 4 tickets and stand to make $1,500 free and clear.

Don't forget:

NLCS Game 7.

No adverse weather to worry about at game time.

4 seats

$1,500 profit

What do you do?

I'll answer later in the thread.

I'm interested to see your answers and ideas.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Great question....personally there is no way in hell I sell those tickets. If I could make 25K, then I probably would, but I would have to make at least that much to put money ahead of something I have waited to see for the last 25 years of my life. I am 30 years old, so my memories of '92 are faint......and I don't remember '82 at all, so that would be the chance of a lifetime. Not only do I not sell the to make $1500, I also invest another $600 to fly the wife, baby, and myself back home to see the game!

god no!....as a huge sports fan, and fan of the Brewers and Packers, if I had tickets to the game I would go and not even think about the money. If I couldn't go, I have a ton of friends who I would sell the tickets to at face value. If they couldn't go, they would be up in the trading post.

Did the Brewers have back-to-back NLCS Game 7's in Miller Park as recently as 1996 and 1997, and did they win both times, and did they even treat me to a World Series victory one of those years? 2007 as a Packers fan feels a lot different than 2007 as a Brewers fan....
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Nobody is using those seats except me. No sale!
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I wouldn't sell the seats--or maybe I would.

To me, a lot of it depends on where the seats are. I'm not much into sitting in the nosebleed seats or the bleachers. I would definitely not sell them, even for a $2500 profit, if they were on the infield in the lower level.

But if all I had were upper deck seats, way down the line. . .then I might do that.

I just don't know. Ask me again in October. . .

I suppose it also would depend on my life at that moment. If I really need the money because X broke down and I need a new one or my kid deathly needs his medication to treat some disease, then it's a no-brainer. I'll sell the tickets and watch it on tv.

But, I know this is not what you are asking. Therefore, I would be at the game in those seats, no questions asked. As others said, I've been waiting way too long to see the Brewers in post-season play.

Of course, knowing the way that I think, I probably wouldn't have those tickets to begin with because I probably held out for World Series tickets instead.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Yes and no.

I've never been a fan of when people resell stuff at a higher price, feeding off the desperation of others; it just seems selfish and wrong. On the other hand, experiencing things firsthand has never been a huge priority of mine, so I'd be probably willing to part with them if I could really use the money and it meant that someone who truly wouldn't miss it for the world got to go.

I've never been a fan of when people resell stuff at a higher price, feeding off the desperation of others

I would agree if you're talking about jacking up the price of plywood when a hurricane is imminent. Or the price of heating oil in the middle of a cold spell.

But these are baseball tickets we're talking about. . .a completely nonessential, unimportant bit of frivolity. So if it's game tickets, or Hannah Montanas, or Wiis, or the next iPhone, or some other luxury, then let the free market decide.

If an investment banker really wants to go to the game, why should I deny him the chance to part with his money? And if a seller sets the bar too high, and ends up with a bunch of tickets that nobody wants, let him choke on them. It's all good.

If it's this year, no no no. If it is in four years when we've been in the NLCS every year since now, I might agree with sgtcluels and sell the 2nd game tickets to help offset the cost of the rest.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I think I'd have to sell them. I have a wife and a daughter and I have to think about what better things I could do with the money. I could invest it or purchase household items that would last much longer than a baseball game. I would not be trading memories away. I was not at the 1982 playoff games at County Stadium but I remember the games from TV, radio, etc. They are fond memories. No different from those inside the stadium. Honestly, I love the team but my family is obviously more important. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Did the Brewers have back-to-back NLCS Game 7's in Miller Park as recently as 1996 and 1997, and did they win both times, and did they even treat me to a World Series victory one of those years? 2007 as a Packers fan feels a lot different than 2007 as a Brewers fan....

Actually, the '97-'98 NFC Championship game was in San Francisco, not Green Bay, and before '96, there had been nearly a 30 year drought of NFC Championship games coming through Green Bay. I'd say it's a more similar situation to the Brewers than we might give it credit for.

I'd sell in a heartbeat. And in no way does that make me less of a fan.

Its just economics. Other people have more disposable income than I - and can afford to spend that much.

You could purchase 4 Terrace Ticket Treat Seats for the entire next year with the profit from just that one game.

The truth is, it all depends on everyone's economic situation at the time. If you have the money, by all means...

Archived