Brewer Fanatic

Cubs opening day (Brewers)

colbyjack

I don't remember seeing this topic, but Jamie's thread about the arctic tailgate reminded me that the Cubs season opener is against the Brewers on Wednesday, April 2nd, two days before the Brewers home opener.

Who's going? If the Brewers opened the season with the Cubs at home you know Miller Park would be littered with Cubs fans. I know goign to a Cubs game is more for the social aspect (as it is with the Brewers), but it would be pretty cool to see a strong Brewers contingent at Wrigley for their opener. While I'm not about taking over other team's stadiums, I do think it would send somewhat of a cool message.

So, who's in?

I know in years past the Cubs have had a waiting room to purchase single game tickets. Is their any chance you will be able to purchase single game opening day tickets - or do all of those go to season ticket holders?

Anyone know when the Cubs start selling individual game tickets?

Anyone know when the Cubs start selling individual game tickets?

I just checked the Cubs site about this and it said "check back soon for individual game ticket information," or something like that. I also noticed that they have sign-up form to join the waiting list for season tickets which sounds a little screwy to me. The Cubs ticket situation has always been shady IMO.

I'm sure someone will chime in about the Cubs ticket situation. JohnBriggs seems to have his finger on the pulse of Chicago sportstalk, so maybe he'll be kind enough to share his 2¢ if he happens to read this thread.

If they have group sales available before single-game tickets go on sale, I wonder if there would be a bar in the area willing to put together some kind of package to buy a crap-load of seats and bus people down for the game. Or if we would be able to put enough people together to work something out...

I may try to hit the Thursday afternoon game before heading upto Milwaukee for the opening series. I'm sure opening day tickets will be sold out before they even go on-sale to the public.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I bought 2 bleacher seats for the Cubs vs Brewers opener at Wrigley yesterday off of Stubhub. The tickets havent been printed yet, but I am guaranteed to get them, which is nice. It would be awesome to see a ton of Brewer fans at that dump to watch the game.

My wife and I are heading down to Chicago for the Wednesday and Thursday games, and then going to Miller Park for the opener on Friday. I'm guessing that tickets will be cheaper and easier to find for the Wednesday and Thursday games.

I actually got tickets to the Opening Day game for Christmas from my girlfriend. A friend of mine are going to take the day off from school and take the train into Wrigleyville to see the game. I am pretty psyched. I am also going to try to go to see the final game of the season at Miller Park, also against the Cubs.

I've been debating this...I'm leaning toward passing on the opening series (since I have tickets to all 3 games in Milwaukee that weekend against SF) and buying tickets for the series at the end of April instead. It will be the first series that Mike Cameron is eligible to play in, and I've never seen a night game at Wrigley. I think all of those games that first week are afternoon contests.

I have a pair for the game on 4/2, but the wife is expecting that week so I am not going to be able to make it.

I need to start seeing what the best way would be to get rid of these. It too bad because they are really good seats, section 223, row 11.

I had an offer from a Cub season ticket holder fried of mine. Couldn't turn him down fast enough. This retractable roof thing has spoiled me to the point wher it is difficult, if not impossible to even consider sitting outside on March 31st.

Archived