Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Arctic Tailgate is Feb. 23 (Indiv. ticket sales)

brewerjamie15

BREWERS ARCTIC TAILGATE SET FOR FEBRUARY 23;

LOTTERY FOR OPENING DAY TICKETS SET TO BEGIN TODAY

[/i]

MILWAUKEE, WI - For the second consecutive season, the Brewers will host an "Arctic Tailgate" party at Miller Park to begin the sale of individual tickets for the 2008 home schedule. This year's Arctic Tailgate will take place on Saturday, February 23, and will include free merchandise and food for the first fans in line at the Miller Park Box Office. Tickets will go on sale at 9 a.m.

The first 2,000 people in line at "Arctic Tailgate" will receive a specially produced, Brewers Arctic Tailgate T-shirt, available only to those who attend the event. They will also receive a Klement's hot dog, a Pepsi and a bag of chips (compliments of Sportservice). The World Famous Klement's Racing Sausages, Bernie Brewer and Brewers alumni players will also be on hand to greet the fans. Coffee and donuts will be served to the early arrivals, and Friday's Front Row will open at 8 a.m. with food service beginning at 9:30 a.m. The FanZone Store will also open at 8 a.m.

Meanwhile, the Brewers today announced specifics for a lottery for fans to purchase tickets to Opening Day at Miller Park. Beginning today at 9 a.m. and continuing through noon on Thursday, February 14, fans may visit brewers.com and register for the chance to be selected to purchase up to four tickets for the Brewers Home Opener on Friday, April 4 vs. San Francisco. A pool of winners will be selected based on the available inventory, with winners notified on February 18. The lucky individuals selected will be provided with access to an online pre-sale opportunity prior to the February 23rd individual-game ticket on-sale to secure tickets for Opening Day at Miller Park.

In addition to the Lottery, a limited number of tickets including Standing Room Only, will be available for purchase at the Arctic Tailgate at Miller Park on February 23. Each fan will be limited to a maximum of four tickets for Opening Day.

"With the increased popularity of 9-Packs and other Season Seat Holder plans, the inventory of Opening Day tickets available for single-game purchases has been reduced," said Rick Schlesinger, Brewers Executive Vice President - Business Operations. "To help structure distribution, we are utilizing a similar lottery system to what we had in place for Postseason tickets in 2007. We also recognize, though, that the tradition of coming to Miller Park for the first day of ticket sales is very popular, so we will have a limited number of tickets available at Miller Park on February 23."

For individual ticket buyers, the lottery and Arctic Tailgate event at[/i] Miller[/i] Park[/i] will be the only opportunities to secure seats for April 4.[/i]

Another opportunity to secure tickets to Opening Day is through the purchase of a 9-Pack, which includes a free ticket to Opening Day (while supplies last). With five different 9-Packs to choose from, packages start at just $126 per seat. The 9-Packs offer several benefits, including a savings on Marquee pricing (fans pay regular price for Marquee games) and having the exact same seat location for the nine games of each plan (exact seating is not guaranteed for Opening Day). In addition, 9-Pack seatholders will receive the option to purchase one game in the Division Series and one game in the National League Championship Series should the Brewers make the Postseason.

Fans interested in purchasing 9-Packs are encouraged to call 414-902-HITS (4487) or visit brewers.com for more information. Tickets can also be purchased at the Miller Park Box Office. Normal business hours are Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

The even more limited number of tickets this year, mixed in with a lottery kind of bums me out, because I've been going for the last 10 years. I'm way too broke to get a 9 pack for this year. The last few years I camped out for my friends and I so we could go to Opening Day, unaware of the group tickets deal (now those aren't available). However, Chet's Lucky Town can buy 3-5,000 tickets and charge people 50 dollars or whatever so the Love Monkeys can play a terrible set of terrible songs. All the while about 1500 of those people actually go into the game.

I know, I know, Opening Day and New Years are both amateur hour. I also shouldn't be this worked up because I remember how last year was the same way, except I was able to get the number of tickets I needed for my friends and I to go. This year maybe half of them will be able to go. As we put a better product of the field the Brewers are going to get a better attendance and a higher demand. I'm just not used to it is all. Some people hate opening day for the reasons listed above, but it's my favorite holiday because it's the first day I can see baseball at my favorite place.

I wonder if Mark A will hook me up for having a Brewers tattoo? I'm gonna go write Mark A now.

I see what you are saying Al. I think game #2 has always been attended by mostly die hard baseball fans. I usually miss Home Opener in favor of game 2. I can easily get tickets, no drunken idiots, less of a crowd (by far) and ya still see all the bunting and field decor.

Game #2 is on a Saturday, so there better be more interest than usual (game #2 is usually on a Wednesday, isn't it?).

That would be pretty cool to see the season open up with three straight sell-outs (Sunday is a bobblehead day, right?).

Game #2 is on a Saturday, so there better be more interest than usual (game #2 is usually on a Wednesday, isn't it?).

It is on a Saturday for this year. However- it is a 12:05 start time which would most likely take attendance away from the game if it were 6:05-7:05 instead. Hard to give up a whole Saturday afternoon when chores usually get done and errands are taken care of.

I would say 120K for the first 3 games is doable, though aggressive. Of course, the opener will have many folks sitting in the parking lot, because they are diehard fans.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Reading this reminded me of something, and I'm not sure if it is real or whether I dreamed it up... but I thought I heard something last year about them changing the parking for opening day. Last year they sold out of parking long before the game and people were forced to find parking on streets long distances away. This problem was caused by large amounts of people coming to the game without tickets and just sitting in the parking lot. After that, I thought I heard somewhere that next year(this coming season) they were going to only allow people with game tickets into the parking lot. Does anyone know if this is true? Or did I just dream this up?

Hard to give up a whole Saturday afternoon when chores usually get done and errands are taken care of.

Jamie, I beg to differ. My SO will attest that I will do anything in my power to avoid doing chores and errands. And attending sporting events definitely fits that bill.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Funny that some people can be too broke to get a 9 pack, yet they have all the time to "camp out" for tickets. Here is an idea, why not work those hours you are "camped out" and then you will have the money for the 9 pack and you will have nothing to complain about.

I know Rick S said they had a lot of complaints and they would consider it just for the opener, as the problem did not seem to happen other times.
I'm a street parker - so I have a pretty good feel for the "regular volume". Even during a few sell outs last year, I had no problem getting to and from my usual parking spot.

During opening day, there was at least 5 times the number of cars parked on the street. But I can't see too much motivation for the Brewers to change it. They make they money on parking one way or the other. Besides, I kinda like the fans who tailgate and just listen to the game.

They made everyone who got playoff tickets pay for a parking pass (which sucked... but me and my 3 friends would've e-bay'd two parking passes per play off game)

I could see them doing something (slightly) similar for opening day.

If you have tickets, and you want to park in the lot, you have to order this special parking pass. Or something.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

You didn't have to buy the parking pass for playoff games but you had to go to the ticket resale part of the brewers site to change your invoice to decline parking. I haven't received my extra ticket form either. In the future it might be worth trying what someone said was possible, that if you're buying at least 20 you can buy any additional number with your 20 pack.

I would love to see them implement a process where you actually need to present tickets to park on opening day. I normally don't mind the people who never have actual tickets to the game, but opening day last year was pretty ridiculous. It only sucked more because we got there just under 2 hours early, and got sent from lot to lot, which just got us trapped really. By the time we got out of the stadium area to go fight for street parking, well you can imagine.

I don't however think they will really do it. It will really slow down entry into the parking lot if people need to show their tickets too. And what does that do to will calls?

Yeah, I'd definitely be in favor of only letting people with tickets get into the parking lots on Opening Day. Normally I don't mind the people who just tailgate either, but last year was ridiculous. I left reasonably early and by the time I got close to the stadium the traffic was so bad we decided to get off and go to State Fair Park for the shuttle, good thing we did because the lots were full soon after we got on the bus.

You didn't have to buy the parking pass for playoff games but you had to go to the ticket resale part of the brewers site to change your invoice to decline parking. I haven't received my extra ticket form either. In the future it might be worth trying what someone said was possible, that if you're buying at least 20 you can buy any additional number with your 20 pack.

I asked last year, and they told me specifically, the most extra tickets I could buy for opening day was 1 per seat I ordered for my 20 game pack.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived