Brewer Fanatic

The six degrees of separation between Babe Ruth!

stoshmilwaukee

Hi all, this may be a very lame post when taken in overall context, but as most know, the site www.baseball-reference.com offers "similar batters" or "similar by age" for most players with at least three years of experience.

The game, in the spirit of the "Six Degrees of Separation", is to tie your favorite (or non-favorite) player via www.baseball-reference.com to Babe Ruth via the shortest number of connections..

For example: for current non-roster invitee Laynce Nix:

1) Laynce Nix is similar by age (24) to Dave Henderson.

2) Dave Henderson is similar in age (24) to Larry Walker.

3) Larry Walker is similar by age (34) to Chuck Klein.

4) Chuck Klein is similar by age (25) to BABE RUTH.

Whammo! Laynce Nix is four degrees from Babe Ruth!

Try this when you are bored Jim Gantner, Ray Fosse, or any of your favorite Brewer underdogs. The shortest connection wins every time!

- Stosh http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

1) Babe Ruth and Harmon Killebrew are in the Hall Of Fame together.

2) Harmon Killebrew went to my grandfather to get a broken tooth fixed in Milwaukee once.

3) My grandpa let's me mow his lawn and shovel his snow for him

3 degrees between me and Babe Ruth. I'll be doing a signing at the Home Depot on Saturday 3-5. See ya there.

Once as a youngster, went to the allergist to get my weekly shot, and sitting in the waiting room was none other than then-Brewers manager Tom Trebelhorn... who was employed by a MLB team... just like Babe Ruth. For some reason, my career still hasn't gotten started.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived