Brewer Fanatic

Wild ESPN idea

jaybird2001wi

ESPN should do a "Surreal Life" version involving former washed up professional athletes and put them in a house that requires them to work regular community jobs to pay the rent. I think it would be hilarious and outlandish at the same time. Can anyone picture Ricky Williams having Manute Bol as a roommate, with Bol being a pool cleaner and Williams working at the local IHOP?

Here are the candidates for this show:

1) Ricky Williams

2) Manute Bol

3) Martina Hingis

4) Deion Sanders

5) Jake "The Snake" Roberts - WWF

Any other ideas? How about Jose Canseco and Muggsy Bogues being roommates? Spud Webb anyone?

Pretty funny idea for a show actually.

I highly doubt Bol or Sanders would go for it. Doesn't Bol do charity work for Africa or something? And Sanders is still a commentator who I'm sure is doing fine for himself. Maybe Williams and Hingis so they can support their current/former drug habits. Not sure what Jake the Snake is up to these days.

I think they should put Danny Ainge and John McEnroe in a house together and make them work Customer Service jobs.

That would be a sweet show.

I'd watch that show. Maybe throw Mark Cuban in there as the leader of "Team Whiney Britches".

Ricky Williams isn't a washed up former athlete. In fact, if it weren't for a Steeler cleating him in the back while he was on the ground, he would have finished the 2007 season healthy and probably in decent football shape. So I don't think he really belongs on your list as he is planning to be ready for the beginning of next year. [/Williams defense]

Other than that, this is a decent idea. I don't really like quirky reality shows that much, but it would be mildly entertaining to see the Skip Bayless idea come to fruition.

He might actually think before he talks then

But then we wouldn't be able to hear his wonderful diatribes about how LeBron's teammates carry him and he drags them down. I can't even stand to look at the guy's face. Why does ESPN hand over debate duties for all major sports news to one lone (bad) sportswriter?

As for the Surreal Life show, I'd say John Rocker would be a good addition.

OK... here is what we have so far.

Danny Ainge (Working as a sales associate at Kinkos)

John McEnroe (Cell phone salesman)

John Rocker (Car mechanic)

John Daly (Golf pro shop salesman)

NEW IDEAS:

Nick Van Exel (Cook at IHOP)

Eric Lindros (works with Danny Ainge at Kinkos)

The Female Housemates:

Martina Hingis (Camp counselor)

Those two Carolina Panthers cheerleaders (bartenders)

Sable - formerly of WWE (works with Nick Van Exel)

Marion Jones (Pharmacy technician)

Head of the Household: Skip Bayless

OK... here is what we have so far.

Danny Ainge (Working as a sales associate at Kinkos)

John McEnroe (Cell phone salesman)

John Rocker (Car mechanic)

John Daly (Golf pro shop salesman)

NEW IDEAS:

Nick Van Exel (Cook at IHOP)

Eric Lindros (works with Danny Ainge at Kinkos)

The Female Housemates:

Martina Hingis (Camp counselor)

Those two Carolina Panthers cheerleaders (bartenders)

Sable - formerly of WWE (works with Nick Van Exel)

Marion Jones (Pharmacy technician)

Head of the Household: Skip Bayless

Hey, what about my P.J. Carlesimo, Latrell Sprewell idea?? What am I, chopped liver? Yes, I know P.J. is still a head coach, but John Daly is still a pro golfer.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived