Brewer Fanatic

Want to work for the Brewers? Job Fair Jan. 25-26

brewerjamie15

Internships: Communications

Media Relations Intern (Spring 2008) - Milwaukee Brewers (Milwaukee, WI)

http://baseballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/shared_TWO_resources/teamlogos/BaseballJobs/Brewers.gif
Reports To: Assistant Director - Media Relations

Summary:

The spring internship program begins in January with its conclusion correlating with the end of the semester and final exams (May). This position will be directly involved with the media activities involving the club during the remainder of the off season, Spring Training and for the first six weeks of the season.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:

• Assist with the production of the 2008 Milwaukee Brewers media guide. The interns will primarily be involved in the proofing and editing of the book. Additional research projects regarding the media guide may arise.
  • Assist with various Brewers Media events
  • Assist with the daily clippings and oversee the club's fan mail correspondence
  • Assist with the production of press credentials for the media
  • Responsible for several game day operations during the course of the game
  • Write occasional feature stories for various Brewers publications
  • Be able and willing to assist with additional duties not listed above that may arise.

• Qualifications/Education Required:
  • Qualified candidates must have strong communication, writing, analytical, and organizational skills;
  • Candidates must also have good computer skills, including some proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office and Quark Express
  • Candidates must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university and must be able to earn credit for their work. The instructor and student must decide upon the number of credits.

• Other Qualifications:
    Candidates are expected to work a minimum of 15 hours per week. Candidate should be capable of working extended hours such as overtime, nights, and weekends, especially once the season begins.

Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:

1. Yes/No: I have local housing available in or near Milwaukee.

Apply for this position | Go back job listings

Internships: IT/Technical Support

Application Development/MIS Intern (Spring 2008) - Milwaukee Brewers (Milwaukee, WI)

http://baseballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/shared_TWO_resources/teamlogos/BaseballJobs/Brewers.gif
Reports To: Application Developer

Department: MIS

Summary;

Assist Application Developer in internal corporate application development activities. Support other MIS team members as necessary to achieve department objectives. Computer Science (CS) or Management Information Systems (MIS) student with expertise in web application and database development.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:

• Assist the Application Developer in design, development and implementation of database and intranet related projects.
  • Develop project plans for assigned tasks, communicate plans to stakeholders, and update status of assigned tasks on a regular basis.
  • Documentation of existing and newly developed applications, networks, servers, and/or phone systems.
  • Support existing and newly created applications.
  • Assist MIS Staff with technical support of outstanding issues.

• Qualifications/Education Required:
    Candidates must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university pursuing a CS or MIS degree or a recent graduate with a CS or MIS degree. Experience with or expertise in Microsoft SQL Server, ASP.NET, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, Crystal Reports, and VB.NET and the .Net Framework 2.0.
  • Experience creating and maintaining project deliverables such as project plans, status reports, estimates, and milestone updates.
  • Web application design and development utilizing HTML/CSS, JavaScript, and ASP.Net.
  • General knowledge of baseball terminology and statistics.
  • Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005 knowledge - database and table design, backup/maintenance, and optimization.
  • Expertise with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and the .Net Framework 2.0.
  • Ability to develop complex queries including multi-table joins, aggregate functions, unions, and sub-queries.
  • Graphic design experience is a plus

• Other Qualifications:
    Candidates are expected to work a minimum of 3-4 days and/or 30-32 hours per week depending on special events calendar, capable of working extended hours such as overtime, nights, and weekends, when necessary.

Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:

1. Yes/No: I have local housing available in or near Milwaukee.

Apply for this position | Go back job listings

*Job/Career Fairs: Job/Career Fairs

Job Fair/Various Seasonal Positions (January 25-26, 2008) - Milwaukee Brewers (Milwaukee, WI)

2008 Job Fair to be held at in the Press Box Area

(Enter at Clock Tower Entrance & Park in Brewers Lot 2)

• Friday, January 25th
  • 4:00pm - 7:00pm
  • Saturday, January 26th
  • 10:00am - 2:00pm  
    Come work for the Brewers during the 2008 Baseball Season!!
    Bring a completed application or fill out an application on site, and interview on the spot for any of the following seasonal (April-October) positions. Applications can be obtained at www.brewers.com. Minimum 18 years of age unless otherwise specified. Note: We will not be hiring for Usher or Ticket Taker positions at this year's job fair.

• Ticket Sales - Work either as a Day of Game ticket seller in the Windows at Miller Park, or as an Advance Game Ticket Seller. Requires a great customer service approach and basic computer skills to enter ticket information. Provide customers with information about the park, the seating locations and ticket pricing.
  • Phone Center Rep - Tickets are available for purchase on the phone and via the internet. All these orders are processed in our Ticket office and the Phone Center Reps take the calls and provide fans with the information they need to purchase tickets (seating information, pricing levels, etc.) (March-October)
  • Brew Crew - During game days, you'll be out with the fans!! The Brew Crew is an energy charged group that staffs interactive fan areas, tosses out T-shirts, dances on the dugout, and much more…What could be more fun?! Can be 16 years of age.
  • Brew Crew-Fanfoto - Photography students - gain incredible photography resume-building experience by working for an MLB team! The Fanfoto crew takes pictures of fans pre-game and during the game, which are then available on the Brewers website for purchase.
  • Grounds Crew - Assist in the overall care of the grounds by weeding, mowing, and edging. Also assist on game days with set-ups and field security. Must have a valid driver's license.
  • Bat Boy/Clubhouse - Provide common bat/ball boy and clubhouse services to players and set up dugout and clubhouse with necessary equipment. (Males only)
  • Scoreboard- Assist in the multimedia production baseball games, non-Brewers baseball games, and other events during the 2008 season at Miller Park. Multimedia productions include operation of scoreboards, video display, sound system, and organ and manual scoreboards.
  • Tour Guide- Give private group and walk-up tours of Miller Park.
  • Helfaer Field Staff- Greet and assist teams and coaches that will be using the Helfaer Field facility with equipment and safety procedures. Also implement Helfaer Field policies and procedures.  
    Registration is a 2-Step Process. Step 1: To register for the Milwaukee Brewers Career Fair, please apply below and fill out an
    application completely including uploading your resume, which is done on the last part of the application.
    Step 2: After completing that step, you should immediately receive a thank you email, which contains a URL address that will take you to an additional form. This text is found directly underneath your username and password in the email. Please bring this form completed in full to the job fair. Please make sure that your SPAM filter allows emails from TeamWork Online addresses. If you did not receive this email within 1-2 days, please email assistant@teamworkonline.com.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I would be all over the media relations job . . . . if I was still in college. . . . .and if I lived in Wisconsin.

I went in to work with my cousin who was media relations assistant director for 10 years with the Diamondbacks and was told by his boss that I was better than their interns. He said he'd hire me right then and there if I needed a job. Alas, I didn't. And, yes, I'm still kicking myself just a bit for not quitting my teaching job to do this.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Not now, but after I retire in forty years I'm going to apply for the bat boy position. And if they don't hire me I'm going to sue the pants off Mark A. Who would be more qualified; a 65 year old lifelong Brewer fan or some 13 year old kid? Please, I'll run circles around that kid.

Would a soon to be 33 year old recently unemployed lawyer (curse you Real Estate!) be considered creepy as a clubehouse attendant? I'm used to keeping secrets and I know 4 places in the 5 county area where you can hid a body where it won't be found. Surely such a skill is useful?!

Archived