Brewer Fanatic

Drew Anderson claimed by Reds

jwill535

Everybody share your favorite Drew Anderson moments here!

One time I went to a game and Drew Anderson was sitting on the bench. Before the game I yelled, "hey Drew hit a dinger today!" He did not play. but there was one point where Matt Wise was due up to bat and I thought Anderson might pinch-hit.

my favorite Drew Anderson moment:

I was watching a game on TV in 2006, I think (maybe it was last year--when did he play with the Brewers again?) and they showed him on the screen for a few seconds. And I felt just like the guys in the coffee shop/construction workers/Japanese groundskeepers in "Major League." If you don't know the quote, you better rent the movie.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The Reds' strategy for 2008 is to stockpile ex-Brewers (cheaply or otherwise) until their franchise is so gritty, hardworking, and battle-y that they can't help but win it all.

That would be some kind of compliment, right?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Going to a divisional opponent, he will get more chances to make a real mess out of the visitor's bench area.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif point, bullox.

I'm happy for him. Organizational soldiers are sure good to have. Best of luck, Drew!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Dusty Baker will logically start him over Jay Bruce, since Bruce is a young guy who doesn't know how to win.

My favorite Drew Anderson memory was him actually getting at-bats at the end of 2006 and putting up the monstrous OPS+ of -17. I'll always remember that magical .111 SLG he had that year.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Why all the hate for the guy on here? I don't have an opinion either way but it seems the guys been bashed alot.

I think that when there is excessive bashing of a given scrub, it's usually not personal. I think it's more because of the team's obsession (or perceived obsession) with the scrub, so fan's frustrations with the situation get taken out on the scrub when it's not really their fault. For example, if Anderson or a guy like him made the majors with another team, I'd usually say, "nice to see a guy with no talent get a taste of the majors." However, when it's not just an abstract thing, it quickly goes from being a nice story to being a big problem.

"He can run," Reds GM Wayne Krivsky said. "He can play center and all the outfield positions. Our scouts like him, so we added him."

Can't ever remember Anderson playing CF while in the Brewers' sytem. Drew does appear to be a"smart" and capable baserunner, but is hardly a burner.

Rotoworld:

This is hard to believe. Anderson, 26, hit .273/.324/.395 with 16 steals in 377 at-bats for Triple-A Nashville last season. In five seasons, he's posted an 800 OPS once, that coming in Rookie ball in 2003. He shouldn't have any sort of a career as a reserve outfielder.

Archived