Brewer Fanatic

the bull pen in 07

BaseballGod

The fact that Spurling took a minor league deal makes me want to root for him all the more. He didn't have to do it. Plus, it provides more 40-man options in the spring.

I believe he'll make the opening day roster if he doesn't have a terrible spring.

I wonder if it's too early to project the opening day rosters yet. I think after the Winter Meetings, I'll start writing down projections.

Has anybody else done there projected 25-man yet?

sp- Ben Sheets

sp- Chris capuano

sp- Dave Bush

sp- Cladio Vargas

sp- Carlos Villanueva

Bullpen

Matt Wise

Derek Turnbow

Francisco Cordero

Jose Cappellan

Brian Shouse

Greg Aquino

Dennis Sarfate

1st- Prince Fielder

2nd- Rickie Weeks

3rd- Corey Koskie

SS- JJ Hardy

LF- Bill Hall

CF- Corey Hart

RF- Geoff Jenkins

C- Johnny Estrada, Damion Miller

Bench

Gabe Gross

Brady Clark

Tony Graffanino

Lance Nix

I think it all depends on if the Brewers acquire another starting pitcher. If they do Vargas probably gets bumped to the pen and that shifts everyone down a slot and Sarfate will probably be fighting with Aquino for a bullpen spot.

Quote:
I think it all depends on if the Brewers acquire another starting pitcher. If they do Vargas probably gets bumped to the pen and that shifts everyone down a slot and Sarfate will probably be fighting with Aquino for a bullpen spot.

Does Aquino have any options left, if not Sarfate may be odd man out in that scenario.

Edit: I checked the 40 man roster page here and it doesn't show any options, not sure if it is accurate since the transaction just happened a couple days ago.

Does Aquino have any options left, if not Sarfate may be odd man out in that scenario.

That may be, but to acquire a starting pitcher, the Brewers may have to add one of their existing arms to the deal. It's possible Vargas or one of the bullpen guys could go in a move to get a better SP.

Archived