Brewer Fanatic

Bullpen when Sheets is back?

LUKE232323

Looking at the BP options once we do get Sheets back, we have some pretty nice options. Obviously Yo will go back to the BP until later in the season or maybe even the postseason, but what do we do with the last spot?

Locks for BP:

Linebrink

Shouse

Wise

Gallardo

Turnbow

Cordero

Villanueva

Leaves Parra as the odd man out most likely, with Spurling DFA'd.

Looking at that pen though, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better one in baseball. Three RH power arms, a situational lefty with a very awkward release, a changeup master, and two long relievers in Gallardo and CV that have really shown quite a bit.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I agree, but I think today's start will go a long way towards deciding whether or not Parra stays up. Yost sounds extremely high on him.

Also, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that they'll keep Yo in the rotation given his success and the "everything matters NOW" mentality. That would move Bush to the pen.

I doubt if Sheets is back before 9/1, and if he is, Yo could go down just because his options are not an issue, and he may well need the rest.

This is assuming no one gets injured, of course. From 9/1 on, they'll probably have Elmer Dessens and possibly one more long man up just in case.

Archived