Brewer Fanatic

HR and RBI Predictions

brewtank34

Ok, so I had mentioned earlier that I don't think DM is done yet this offseason due to our overstock of pitching, but the more I think of it, DM will most likely trade for prospects. With that said, our line-up may be complete for the upcoming season. If this is true, I thought it would be fun to start a thread of HR and RBI predictions for the Crew. I'll start it off with....

Weeks: 22 HR's and 55 RBI's

Hardy: 25 HR's and 70 RBI's

Braun: 41 HR's and 103 RBI's

Fielder: 52 HR's and 110 RBI's

Hart: 29 HR's and 90 RBI's

Cameron: 20 HR's and 70 RBI's

Hall: 29 HR's and 85 RBI's

Kendall: 5 HR's and 40 RBI's

----

Dillon: 6 HR's and 29 RBI's

Counsell: 1 HR's and 14 RBI's

Gross: 8 HR's and 25 RBI's

Gallardo: 2 HR's and 9 RBI's

Suppon: 1 HR and 4 RBI's

Geez....Am I insane or did I just predict 7 out of our 8 starters with over 20 HR's??? With seeing that, I doubt my predictions are close. I'm thinking my Hart prediction of 29 is right on though. All in all, let's just hope our starting pitchers can pitch till the 7th cuz our offense is unreal!!!!

Weeks: 20 HR's

Hardy: 20 HR's

Braun: 36 HR's

Fielder: 45 HR's

Hart: 24 HR's

Cameron: 20 HR's

Hall: 21 HR's

Kendall: 2 HR's

These are my fantasy projections for HR's for players. My basic lineup comes out at 188 which is just 23 short of yours so pretty close. I don't think any of your numbers were impossible, I just think it is a bit optimistic to assume everyone hits those targets.

edit : I had Cameron projected at a full season still, changed his numbers due to the suspension.

Weeks: 13 HR's

Hardy: 15 HR's

Braun: 38 HR's

Fielder: 44 HR's

Cameron: 18 HR's

Hall: 25 HR's

I pretty much agree with what people have guessed. I think '07 might have been aberrant for Hardy in terms of home runs. I know Weeks has some pop when healthy, but he has yet to demonstrate it on a consistent basis in the pros. I think he'll have a OBP north of 370 regardless, but 20+ home runs would be gravy. I see Hall bouncing back--people are really knee jerk with him. He could walk on water a couple years ago, and now he's a bum that people want to trade. 25+ home runs and an OPS north of 800 would not surprise me at all.

I think we'll see:

Weeks: 22

Hardy: 14

Braun: 43

Fielder: 43

Hart: 32

Hall: 23

Cameron: 18

Kendall: 3

I think Corey Hart's going to hit for more power than he's shown..besides, if you ranslate last years line to 600 or so ab's, corey gets 29..so 32 is a reasonable improvement over a full year...i think he could peak even higher than that...

weeeks could hit anywhere between 12 and 40...i think Fielder hits a few less this year..i want to predict Braun at 30 or so, but his rate was so crazy last yearr that he basically have to be a completely different hitter to not make at least 35...Hardy's start last year was fluky..he's got line drive power, but i wouldn't be surprised if last year was his career high...kendall can't hit for power at all..0-1 homers from him wouldn't surprise me...

Weeks 14

Hardy 18

Hall 17

Braun 29

Fielder 49

Hart 32

Cameron 14

Kendall 3

I think Braun and Hall will struggle a bit at the plate adapting to their new positions. I think Braun will also slow down a bit (pitcher's figuring out how to pitch to him), but he'll adjust and be fine long-term. I could see Rickie hitting 30 this year, but I need to see a full healthy year before I predict that. I'm kind of on the fence in regards to Hardy. I think if he sees some fastballs (ie where he's placed in the lineup) he could hit 25 every year. I know it sounds strange, but for what it's worth I think he's one of the best fastball hitters on the Brewers. I'm also in the camp that thinks Hart has a lot of power -- his length will generate quite a bit of power over his career.

Kendall - 3

Fielder - 45

Weeks - 30

Hardy - 20

Hall - 25

Braun - 35

Cameron - 20

Hart - 30

Holy crap that's a lotta HRs! Fwiw, Prince's total could easily 'slip' to 40, which would be due to him drawing north of 100 BBs in 2008.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Going out on a limb here:

Weeks 30 HR 75 RBI

Hardy 25 HR 90 RBI

Braun 45 HR 110 RBI

Fielder 75 HR 150 RBI

Hart 30 HR 100 RBI

Cameron 25 HR 80 RBI

Hall 30 HR 100 RBI

Kendall 0 HR 50 RBI

I know it's a lot, but I just feel that this is going to be a homer happy year, Prince is going to take out his dad's record, Bonds' record, and everyone else inbetween.

I also predict that the Crew will go 102-60

Weeks: 31 HR's (30/30 this year)

Hardy: 11 HR's

Braun: 37 HR's

Fielder: 46 HR's

Hart: 26 HR's

Cameron: 19 HR's

Hall: 23 HR's (and 45 doubles)

Kendall: 4 HR's

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I'll give this a shot..

Kendall - 1 HR

Fielder - 44 HR

Weeks - 21 HR

Hardy - 18 HR

Hall - 22 HR

Braun - 32 HR

Cameron - 18 HR (accounting for missing the first month)

Hart - 31 HR

Counsell - 2 HR

Crazy Joe Dillon - 6 HR

Gross - 8 HR

Munson - 2 HR

Gwynn - 0 HR

205 total, if I counted correctly. Of course, this assumes everyone's staying healthy all year, which probably won't happen. Lower total than last year, but it's a more well-rounded attack IMO.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Weeks-26 HR's 61 RBI's

Hardy-23 HR's 73 RBI's

Braun-32 HR's 110 RBI's

Prince-43 HR's 130 RBI's

Hart-31 HR's 94 RBI's

Hall-22 HR's 79 RBI's

Cameron-22 HR's 69 RBI's

Kendall-2 HR's 41 RBI's

Bench

Gross-12 HR's 35 RBI's

Rivera-11 HR's 28 RBI's OR Munson-5 HR's 19 RBI's

Counsell-3 HR's 29 RBI's

Dillon-6 HR's 32 RBI's

Gwynn-1 HR 12 RBI's

Rottino-3 HR's 19 RBI's

I'm sure the Weeks number will be a number disagreed upon, but I'm as sure that he'll have a big breakout season as anything I've ever been sure of.

I think that Braun and Prince see large dips. Braun will only hit 2 fewer in my prediction, but that's with 6 more weeks. Prince will really have a big dip as well, HOWEVER, I hope that he will improve as a hitter in general. I'd be fine with 15 or so fewer HR's as long as his OBP jumps quite a bit. For instance, I'd take a .315/.425 with 35 from Prince over a .290/.390 with the 50 HR's. I see that type of improvement.

Hart I believe will continue to progress. He's a stud on the way.

Hardy I think is a legit power threat. He's got a great swing. I don't think that having a down second half means he's not a good power hitter.

I think Cameron's going to benefit from playing in Miller Park.

I think that Hall settles in.

As for Gross and Dillon, I think they'd be lower if they didn't have a month that they'd be playing in Cameron's stead.

These are my fantasy projections for HR's for players. My basic lineup comes out at 188 which is just 23 short of yours so pretty close. I don't think any of your numbers were impossible, I just think it is a bit optimistic to assume everyone hits those targets.

edit : I had Cameron projected at a full season still, changed his numbers due to the suspension.

Yea, but what do you do? Of course someone will miss time from an injury, someone's going to get probably slump badly, but it's hard to predict that.

I just kinda approached this as if everyone has a healthy season, what do I think they'll hit.

I don't think the team will get 202 HR's from their starters, but as individuals that's what I think they are all capable of.

Weeks 21, 60-75 RBIs

Cameron 18, 55-70 RBIs

Braun 29, 98 RBIs

Fielder 47, 122 RBIs

Hart 26, 71 RBIs

Hall 22, 60-85 RBIs

Hardy 12, 52 RBIs

Kendall 3, 32 RBIs

Gallardo 4, 14 RBIs

Gross 5, 27 RBIs

Munson 2, 16 RBIs

Dillon 4, 22 RBIs

Counsell 1, 19 RBIs

Rivera 2, 21 RBIs

Rottino 0, 0 RBIS

Sheets 1, 7 RBIs (break out year for Sheeter)

I think that's 197 homers.

Yea, but what do you do? Of course someone will miss time from an injury, someone's going to get probably slump badly, but it's hard to predict that.

I just kinda approached this as if everyone has a healthy season, what do I think they'll hit.

I don't think the team will get 202 HR's from their starters, but as individuals that's what I think they are all capable of.

What I do is somethign akin to thinking of the most HR's I think they could hit in a full season and the least I think they would hit and average them. I think Fielder could hit 50 HR's next year, but I could easily see him get BB'd more and hit 40 HR's too. So my projection is 45.

Weeks 27 HR-- 82 RBI

Cameron 18 HR-- 64 RBI

Braun 32 HR-- 105 RBI

Fielder 44 HR-- 112 RBI

Hart 22 HR-- 83 RBI

Hall 21 HR-- 72 RBI

Hardy 16 HR-- 53 RBI

Kendall 2 HR-- 35 RBI

Munson 4 HR-- 19 RBI

Gross 11 HR-- 24 RBI

Dillon 2 HR-- 13 RBI

Counsell 1 HR 12 RBI