Brewer Fanatic

Prince Honored with Josh Gibson Legacy Award

Mass Haas

"There was a lot of stuff I didn't know," he said. "So it was cool just to be able to come in here and see the different things about it. Growing up, I did a report on Jackie, but I didn't know the whole Negro League story."

Every baseball fan should be required to get to the Negro League museum. I haven't been yet, but I will get there sometime soon. It's important history, but history that you have to look to find.

"They always had fun playing baseball," Fielder said. "That was the one place where nothing else mattered. That's kinda how I play, too. I play with a lot of passion. Whenever I'm on the field, nothing else matters. I'm just having fun."

I can only hope we all have as much fun (perhaps even more!) in 2008, Prince. Congratulations!

"When I got the Hank Aaron Award, Alex [Rodriguez] wasn't there, and he got booed," Fielder said. "From that point on, I was like, I always wanna make sure if I get an award, I'm gonna be there."

"For me, it's just an honor," he said. "I never wanna get to the point where I've won too many awards. I don't ever wanna be that guy."

*goosebumps*

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived