LF - Scott Podsednik

CF - Bill Hall

RF - Tommy Gyumm

You forgot to add

Supersub - Bill Hall

Rookie knucklballer Steve Sparks?

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Well, I'm glad someone mentioned Khalid. And it wasn't even Brian!

To make the bf.net lovefest, shouldn't one have perhaps been in the organization during the site's tenure? (since 2001) Though I'm certain Kevin Seitzer would have received his due mad props around here, had the site existed then.

Tommy Gyumm....http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

You forgot to add

Supersub - Bill Hall

Rookie knucklballer Steve Sparks?

Ahhhh, shoot! How could I forget Supersub Bill Hall! Dangit. I decided to omit pitchers in my list, basically due to laziness on my part. Sparks is a great choice, but I'd have to make sure to have the aforementioned Kieschnick there too. Ricky Bones? An honest personal favorite of mine (predates BF.net obviously) is Bill Wegman (top 10 in the AL in BB/9 - as in, lowest rate - 5 times in his career!). Dang that guy could hurl - plus, who didn't love 'batting' against him in the County Stadium 'batting cage w/video screen in front of an autopitcher'? Great childhood memory/ies!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

To me Ginter was the most overrated player ever pimped by BF.net, followed closely by Branyan.

Oh, better watch out... dems fighting words! Ginter has to be the most underrated baseball player of all-time... I mean, have you ever seen guns like that on a guy who plays 2nd? Straight Ginter!

have you ever seen guns like that on a guy who plays 2nd?

Rickie Weeks has something to show you...

http://www.nashvillescene.com/Stories/News/2005/05/19/Swimsuit_Photos6.jpg

http://www.rightfieldbleachers.com/uploaded_images/Mar22WeeksHardy-748972.jpg

EDIT: That'd be then-Sounds Manager Frank Kremblas hot-tubbing it with Rickie.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The All-Time, Blind Loyalty, BF.net Pimping Team:

SP - Allen Levrault

RF - Peter Zoccolillo

LF - Geoff Jenkins

CF - Corey Hart

DH - Russell Branyan

2B - Ronnie Belliard

SS - Marco "1/2 the production for 1/5th the salary" Scutaro

1B - Lyle "Nugget-acquired-for-an-expensive-veteran" Overbay

C - Mike Matheny

and the all-time beneficiary of BF.net pimping, at 3rd base...KEITH GINTER!

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

The Ronnie Belliard love must have predated my active membership around here. Not saying I don't believe you, Geno; I just don't remember that, nor would I have taken part.

I would place Keith "Free" Ginter at the top of the pimping list, though. You old-school posters had me thinking "FREE GINTER!" every time his name was mentioned.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

TooLiveBrew wrote:

Ahhhh, shoot! How could I forget Supersub Bill Hall! Dangit. I decided to omit pitchers in my list, basically due to laziness on my part. Sparks is a great choice, but I'd have to make sure to have the aforementioned Kieschnick there too. Ricky Bones? An honest personal favorite of mine (predates BF.net obviously) is Bill Wegman (top 10 in the AL in BB/9 - as in, lowest rate - 5 times in his career!). Dang that guy could hurl - plus, who didn't love 'batting' against him in the County Stadium 'batting cage w/video screen in front of an autopitcher'? Great childhood memory/ies!

You already had Hall 3 times I was trying to figure out where else he could be put. Maybe he could be one of the pitchers on a list.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Laura:

As Pogo correctly noted, in 2002 when he replaced a sub-.600 OPS Ron Belliard, Eric Young (an "outsider!!"...one who made more than the league minimum) was perceived for the most part, somewhere above Michael Vick and below Ronnie Woo-Woo Wickers.

Belly-lard didn't hustle, he sulked, he scowled, and he hit .211 that year, with a .544 OPS. But he was homegrown...

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

Archived