Brewer Fanatic

BrewerFan.net all-time Love-Fest Team

bobskube

After hearing about all the Bill Hall accolades once again for being such a team player for changing positions with no problems, it made me think of some Brewers that have been loved in the past.

Here is my BrewerFan.net Love-Fest team...

C Vinny Rotino-(Local kid works hard and deserves a chance)

1B Lyle Overbay-(OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

2B Keith Ginter ("He knows how to work the count...Leads the league in pitches per AB.")

3B Bill Hall (MVP candidate)

SS JJ Hardy (Will battle Hall for MVP)

CF Brady Clark (Grinder)

RF Ben Grieve (Statheads loved him)

LF Joe Dillon (If he gets a chance, who knows?)

SP- Victor Santos (The Vampire!)

Reliever- Brooks Kieshnick (Gamer, fighter, and hard worker)

Cl Derrick Turnbow (I know he has been ripped by many on here and it is well-deserved. However, there are others that still proclaim (with vigor) his averageness.)

Love-Fest MVP- Bill Hall wins by a smidge over Hardy, but Florida's votes have yet to be tallied.

I'd nominate Gabe Gross, Corey Hart, "Anybody but Carlos Lee," and Jorge De La Rosa. lol

Granted, the Hart love has been supported with him putting up mad stats, but there is mad love regardless. lol

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I'd nominate Gabe Gross, Corey Hart, "Anybody but Carlos Lee," and Jorge De La Rosa. lol

Granted, the Hart love has been supported with him putting up mad stats, but there is mad love regardless. lol

True about Hart. If I hear another "I wear sunglasses at night" reference again...

But I am a HUGE C Hart guy myself.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Brooks Kieschnick
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brooks Kieschnick

I got Brooks on that list as a middle reliever.

However, I am still kicking myself about 3TO. The love on this site for this guy could have produced more love than the Statue of Liberty in a terrible Ghostbusters II.

Kevin Seitzer for various reasons:

1. He got hit in the face twice by pitches because he would not flinch, in case the pitch was a breaking ball.

2. He signed with Oakland in 1993 following a very good season in Milwaukee in '92. Things didn't work out for him in Oakland, and Bando didn't want him back in Milwaukee. Well, Seitzer took it upon himself to just show up in Milwaukee in the middle of the season and demand to be put on the team. Three years and three .300 seasons later, the Brewers were able to trade him for Jeromy Burnitz, who hit 165 homers for the Brewers and is another lovefest member.

3. In the dark ages ('94-'96), he was the only player who seemed like he gave a crap.

4. He had to be the inspiration for Jeff Cirillo because they have had very similar careers and attitudes, including the fact that they want to keep coming back to Milwaukee. I half expect for Cirillo to take the cue from Seitzer and just show up in uniform at Miller Park on April 4.

I don't know, the MVP is pretty close between Ginter and Hall... I don't neccessarily agree with the Hardy take, at least Hall actually realized some of his potential having a great 2006 while Ginter will only get a mention in Mass' Alumni thread in the Minor League forum, or a "Where are they Now?" feature in 5 years.

To me Ginter was the most overrated player ever pimped by BF.net, followed closely by Branyan.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived