Brewer Fanatic

Top Wisconsin High School Prospect(s)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the chance to get out and see Conor Fisk pitch last night at a park in New Berlin. He's pitching on the weekends for the PG Spring League and once a week in New Berlin until his baseball team's (Grafton) season begins next week. He's currently listed as a group 3 player on PG's state-by-state list, which means he's projected to go somewhere in rounds 11-20 or so, which may make it more likely that he attends Wabash Valley. He touched 90 yesterday and sat comfortably at 88. He was up to 92 a week ago, which is his max velo up to this point in his career. He needs a lot of brushing up to do, which of course isn't uncommon for high school pitchers, much less those from Wisconsin.

Remember the name Alex McRae (New Berlin Eisenhower), who also pitched yesterday. He was 81-83, with a mid-70s changeup and a high-60s curve. Obviously that's not much to get excited about for people here, but he's only a junior, and he's very projectable. His fastball showed nice tailing action away from a couple of the LH batters he faced, and he threw a very promising change that was thrown with the same speed and action as his fastball. I wouldn't be surprised to see him throwing 85-88 next year and possibly the 89-91 range as he approaches the age of 20-21 and packs some meat on his bones.

I'm still miffed the Brewers chose Pokorny over Kevin James last year.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

• 2 weeks later...

A couple guys from Western Wisconsin are RHP Tyler Sparger (SR). I personally had to hit off of him last year as a 14 yr. old and I've watched him pitch and he's got great stuff. Tops out at 91-92 mph and has a devastating slider.

SS Tyler Hermann (JR) is as talented as any hitter I've seen at the prep level, perfect stroke, phenomenal athlete, strong build, good arm, and can pitch but he'll get his attention from his bat. CF Seth Hurt (JR) is another guy who really has some potential. He's on the short side (5'8''ish) but is fast and has a strong build. Has great power/speed combination. 1B Tom Muhlhorder (JR) has a big 1B build. Tends to be K-prone sometimes but has garganchuan power. Typical big 1B build. And finally LF Greg Button (JR). Has ridiculously strong build and good frame. Lots of power, great bat speed. Might find his niche in football though.

Just got home from the Grafton/Thomas More game. A Tampa Bay scout was there watching Fisk. Fisk was right at 90. The kid from Thomas More was a lefty and clocked at 85. Someone said he is going to Winona State, I believe. It was the 4th time the scout has seen Fisk, and said they are interested in him.

• 2 months later...

The state of Wisconsin offers a relatively premium high school baseball player each of the next two years.

Brendan Hayden is a big, 6-foot-5, 200 pound third baseman/right-handed pitcher from Twin Lakes that attends Wilmot Union HS. He is currently ranked 219 in the nation among 2011 draft-eligible high school prospects by Perfect Game, and he has committed to Virginia Tech.

Nathan Mikolas is also a big athlete, 6-foot-1 and 195 pounds, who bats and swings left-handed. He is an outfielder/first baseman from Kenosha Bradford, and is ranked 141 overall in the 2012 class by Perfect Game. He recently was named the MVP of the Perfect Game National Games in San Diego earlier this week, where he went 3-for-3 with a double and a home run.

• 8 months later...
Has anyone heard anything about Cody Koback? He's a sophomore (I think) at UW-SP. An OFer and a pitcher.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Archived