Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign Mike Cameron (1yr/$6.22 mil + 2009 Team Option)

patrickgpe
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully Yost has the foresight to not bat Hall and Cameron back to back.

Despite being burned by having faith in Ned in the past, it could be Cameron #6, Hardy #7, Hall #8. But since Mike draws BBs well, maybe hitting him ahead of Hall wouldn't be so bad (JJ to #8). Wait - did this signing just ensure that Kendall is now Ned's '#2 guy' in the lineup?!

NOOoooo!....

No way that Kendall hits anywhere but 8th(unless the kendall from the cubs shows up instead of the one from oakland). I see JJ could move up to 2nd, but Kendall? Then again, this team is run by ned yost.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I'm really not sold on Cameron's value to this team. He is a defensive upgrade in CF, but moving Hall to 3rd does nothing to help our bad team OBP. I would still like to see Doug go after Ensberg to play 3rd for the first month of the season and possibly find a way into the lineup after Cameron comes back. He should be cheap and could be a valuable bat (and glove) off the bench or make a Hall trade possible if he performs like he could.

I would love that scenario.

2B Weeks, 3B Ensberg, LF Braun, 1B Fielder, RF Hart, CF Hall/Cameron, SS Hardy, C Kendall

Ugh.. well so far things don't look good for Hall or Sheets this off season.

I have 4 Jersey Ts.

#18 Gross (Now #14)

#12 Villy (Now #33)

#2 Hall

#15 Sheets.

If things go at this rate, both will need new numbers or are going to be traded!

I like the trade, but hope Bill stays.. after all he wins games.

Cameron had a .349 OBP on the road last year, .350 on the road in 2006, .377 on the road in 2005. The parks he has played in have supressed his OBP to a degree. My money is on a .340-.350 OBP for him in miller park. Last year our LF's had an OBP of .318.

While he might not be the slam dunk upgrade people wanted he will be an upgrade over what we had last year. We go from poor in that slot to above average most likely.

That OPS @ MP is too small a sample to be reliable, but Ennder's mention is pretty solid. .350-ish OBP, .450-ish SLG, .800-ish OPS.

No way that Kendall hits anywhere but 8th(unless the kendall from the cubs shows up instead of the one from oakland). I see JJ could move up to 2nd, but Kendall? Then again, this team is run by ned yost.

Exactly, sadly. I like the notion of Braun hitting 2d. Weeks ahead of him, Fielder behind him...

Weeks

Braun

Fielder

Hart

Cameron

Hall

Hardy

Kendall

If anyone aside from Braun should hit #2, it's probably Cameron - but somehow I think Yost will have a hard time with that.

EDIT: Also, I'm with Mskjelly on Ensberg. He'd be a fine bench player/spot-starter.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I only like this deal if they turn around and trade Hall, packaging him in a Bedard/Mora like-deal. The reason? With the amount of short term contracts were accumulating I'd say that this is a win now strategy. Hall Cappy Turnbow Parra Gamel Jeffress.

I'm also on board with the notion that we don't stop acquiring valuable players, ie. Lofton, Ensberg etc.

The apple of my eyes are still Willitis (sic) Teahan LaRoche Ian Stewart

I like it. It makes the team better and they didn't have to give up anything to do it and only needed to make a minimal investment. Good work Doug. I think that will cap our off-season. If all the position changes happen it's almost like we aquired a CF, the 3Bman we've been looking for and a power hitting LF! Well, maybe that's being optimistic but I'm ready for the season. Bring on the Cubs and let's see what we've got.

after reading TH's latest blog it seems like the plan will be to start the season with Hall in center and Braun at 3rd and then move them. that can't be right can it? Wouldn't it make more sense to have Hart in Center and Grillon in right or just play Gross in CF?
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

after reading TH's latest blog it seems like the plan will be to start the season with Hall in center and Braun at 3rd and then move them. that can't be right can it? Wouldn't it make more sense to have Hart in Center and Grillon in right or just play Gross in CF?

That's what i asked earlier

Makes more sense to me to let Braun/Hall get comphy in their new positions and just have either Gwynn play CF those 25 games or shift Hart to CF with Gross/Dillon in RF.

The thing that bothers me about this is moving Hall again and the effects that may/may not have on him. Also, I know its next year, but still what happens if we don't pick up Cameron's option, I really don't want to be moving these guys around again. But who knows, anything could happen before that time.

I hope it works out, but I'm not excited about it right now.

I am pretty sure you are misreading the blog.

Hall is moving to 3B.

I think you are missing a period while reading the blog.

After serving a 25-game suspension at the start of the season for testing positive for a banned stimulant last year, Cameron will take over in center field for the Brewers. (Note the period. Then another sentence. I don't believe they are related) Bill Hall will move from center to third base, with Ryan Braun shifting from third to left.

Weeks

Hardy

Braun

Fielder

Hart

Cameron

Hall

Kendall

Seems like a very strong line-up to me. Except for Kendall, every guy has at least 25 HR potential. No easy outs at all there. I think most every MLB team would be salivating over the idea of having a hitter like Bill Hall bat 8th in their lineup. The bench hitter, besides Counsell, are also strong.

Archived