Brewer Fanatic

Brian Roberts not traded to Cubs: Latest - Dead, according to the O's

aracko
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well Roberts is an All-Star and is not too far removed from a .900 OPS. At $4M he is a bargain. As far as DeRosa, I suspect that as Ennder suggests he becomes a 2005-06 version of Bill Hall, or they move him to SS, which he is able to play. He may not be as good defensively as Theriot, but he can hit better.

At $4M he would be a bargain, but actually he's owed 14.3M (total) over the next two years. Still reasonable, but not as nice as $4M.

This certainly helps the Cubs in the short-term, but Gallagher and Marshall are two arms that most teams would absolutely love to have in their organization. As others have mentioned, not necessarily top of the rotation guys, but depth like that is very, very important.

Well Roberts is an All-Star and is not too far removed from a .900 OPS. At $4M he is a bargain. As far as DeRosa, I suspect that as Ennder suggests he becomes a 2005-06 version of Bill Hall, or they move him to SS, which he is able to play. He may not be as good defensively as Theriot, but he can hit better.

At $4M he would be a bargain, but actually he's owed 14.3M (total) over the next two years. Still reasonable, but not as nice as $4M.

This certainly helps the Cubs in the short-term, but Gallagher and Marshall are two arms that most teams would absolutely love to have in their organization. As others have mentioned, not necessarily top of the rotation guys, but depth like that is very, very important.

Posted in the last 40 minutes on the Roch Around the Clock Blog at baltimoresun.com: http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/roch/blog/2008/01/latest_brian_roberts_rumor.html

Latest Brian Roberts rumor In a span of about five minutes, I've been buried by e-mails - including one from Baseball America - and phone calls checking to see if the Brian Roberts deal to the Cubs is official. A team spokesman said he just contacted president Andy MacPhail, who insisted that the rumor is "very inaccurate." The Sun's Dan Connolly just spoke to MacPhail, who said nothing has changed since last night. I'll keep you posted, of course, if anything develops.

Posted in the last 40 minutes on the Roch Around the Clock Blog at baltimoresun.com: http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/roch/blog/2008/01/latest_brian_roberts_rumor.html

Latest Brian Roberts rumor In a span of about five minutes, I've been buried by e-mails - including one from Baseball America - and phone calls checking to see if the Brian Roberts deal to the Cubs is official. A team spokesman said he just contacted president Andy MacPhail, who insisted that the rumor is "very inaccurate." The Sun's Dan Connolly just spoke to MacPhail, who said nothing has changed since last night. I'll keep you posted, of course, if anything develops.

Archived