Brewer Fanatic

Brian Roberts not traded to Cubs: Latest - Dead, according to the O's

aracko
I am not sure this is final yet. It hasnt shown up anywhere else and that site has been wrong in the past. The guy posted that Juan Gonzalez signed with the Yankees. A poster later told him the paper he got the info from is essentially a Spanish Onion. Ill believe this where I see it somewhere else

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not sure this is final yet. It hasnt shown up anywhere else and that site has been wrong in the past. The guy posted that Juan Gonzalez signed with the Yankees. A poster later told him the paper he got the info from is essentially a Spanish Onion. Ill believe this where I see it somewhere else

I dont see how Marshall didnt impress you last year. The kid has a really bright future. Lefties mature later and he is ahead of the curve.

They believe Gallagher has a better curve ball then even Rich Hill. The guy throws 5 pitches with success including a ground ball inducing sinker.

As for Cedeno - he can play 2b, SS, and 3b very well. He had a bad year but is expected to hit for very high average and get on base at a good clip. I wish the Brewers had a player like him.

I dont see how Marshall didnt impress you last year. The kid has a really bright future. Lefties mature later and he is ahead of the curve.

They believe Gallagher has a better curve ball then even Rich Hill. The guy throws 5 pitches with success including a ground ball inducing sinker.

As for Cedeno - he can play 2b, SS, and 3b very well. He had a bad year but is expected to hit for very high average and get on base at a good clip. I wish the Brewers had a player like him.

For the record:

Roberts is a 30 year old 2B making $4,200,000. Last year, he hit .290/.377/.432/.808. For his career, he's .281/.351/.409/.760.

Cedano is a 24 year old SS going into his third year. In his career (688 AB), he's .249/.277/.349/.626, but at AAA last season (287 AB) he hit .359/.422/.537/.958 and in 55 games of the Winter League, he hit .300/.396/.415/.811.

Gallagher is a 22 year old RHP. He pitched mainly in AA, where he started 11 games. He was 7-2 with a 3.39 ERA, 61 IP, 3 HR, 24 BB / 54 K, 1.28 WHIP. With the Cubs in late season call up, he pitched 8 games in relief (14.2 IP), 12 BB, 5 K, 3 HR, 2.11 WHIP, .317 BAA, 8.59 ERA

Marshall is a 25 year old LHP going into his second season. Last year with the Cubs, he pitched in 21 games, 103.1 IP, 13 HR, 35 BB, 67 K, 7-8 W/L, 1.37 WHIP, .267 BAA, 3.92 ERA

The Cubs gave up a lot to get Roberts, but once again, they have unlimited money to spend. I don't know what this does to DeRosa, who hit a respectabe .792 OPS last season. I don't believe either of them can play SS, so they now have two above average 2B, and Theriot at SS.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

For the record:

Roberts is a 30 year old 2B making $4,200,000. Last year, he hit .290/.377/.432/.808. For his career, he's .281/.351/.409/.760.

Cedano is a 24 year old SS going into his third year. In his career (688 AB), he's .249/.277/.349/.626, but at AAA last season (287 AB) he hit .359/.422/.537/.958 and in 55 games of the Winter League, he hit .300/.396/.415/.811.

Gallagher is a 22 year old RHP. He pitched mainly in AA, where he started 11 games. He was 7-2 with a 3.39 ERA, 61 IP, 3 HR, 24 BB / 54 K, 1.28 WHIP. With the Cubs in late season call up, he pitched 8 games in relief (14.2 IP), 12 BB, 5 K, 3 HR, 2.11 WHIP, .317 BAA, 8.59 ERA

Marshall is a 25 year old LHP going into his second season. Last year with the Cubs, he pitched in 21 games, 103.1 IP, 13 HR, 35 BB, 67 K, 7-8 W/L, 1.37 WHIP, .267 BAA, 3.92 ERA

The Cubs gave up a lot to get Roberts, but once again, they have unlimited money to spend. I don't know what this does to DeRosa, who hit a respectabe .792 OPS last season. I don't believe either of them can play SS, so they now have two above average 2B, and Theriot at SS.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

For the record:

~Bill Walsh

For the record:

~Bill Walsh

For the record:

~Bill Walsh

Archived