Brewer Fanatic

Brian Roberts not traded to Cubs: Latest - Dead, according to the O's

aracko
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't say Chicago is giving up nothing. Marshall and Gallagher are young pitchers who may not project to be top of the rotation, but at least project to be solid contributers. I'd rather have pitching depth than 2B depth. Cedeneo is a throw in, but he's still young enough that he could turn into something.

I think the Cubs do come out better from this deal, although I don't know what they'll do with DeRosa. The upgrade from DeRosa to Roberts isn't anywhere close to the upgrade they could have gotten at SS.

Robert

I wouldn't say Chicago is giving up nothing. Marshall and Gallagher are young pitchers who may not project to be top of the rotation, but at least project to be solid contributers. I'd rather have pitching depth than 2B depth. Cedeneo is a throw in, but he's still young enough that he could turn into something.

I think the Cubs do come out better from this deal, although I don't know what they'll do with DeRosa. The upgrade from DeRosa to Roberts isn't anywhere close to the upgrade they could have gotten at SS.

Robert

Robert

Robert

Robert

Robert

Robert

The gap is wider until the first Cubs pitcher gets hurt and they have to bring back Traschel to fill in for him.

You could say the same thing about the Brewers. "We'll be fine as long as Sheets is healthy."

It is not the same thing at all. Those were the Cubs #6 and #7 pitchers. If Dempster fails as a starter they are turning to a low end prospect to start. Yeah going from Sheets to Parra is a downgrade but it is nowhere near the same as going from Zambrano to some low end prospect.

The gap is wider until the first Cubs pitcher gets hurt and they have to bring back Traschel to fill in for him.

Nice wishful thinking there Ennder. I suppose the Cub plane could go down too.

Oh, and did you catch a glimpse of Kevin Hart late last season? He's going to be the guy who fills in if a starter goes down. He was ahead of Gallagher on their pecking order. They are also on the verge of signing Jon Lieber too. Sure he's no great shakes but that's a nice lineup he'll have supporting him.

You could say the same thing about the Brewers. "We'll be fine as long as Sheets is healthy."

It is not the same thing at all. Those were the Cubs #6 and #7 pitchers. If Dempster fails as a starter they are turning to a low end prospect to start. Yeah going from Sheets to Parra is a downgrade but it is nowhere near the same as going from Zambrano to some low end prospect.

Oh, and did you catch a glimpse of Kevin Hart late last season? He's going to be the guy who fills in if a starter goes down. He was ahead of Gallagher on their pecking order. They are also on the verge of signing Jon Lieber too. Sure he's no great shakes but that's a nice lineup he'll have supporting him.

I am not sure this is final yet. It hasnt shown up anywhere else and that site has been wrong in the past. The guy posted that Juan Gonzalez signed with the Yankees. A poster later told him the paper he got the info from is essentially a Spanish Onion. Ill believe this where I see it somewhere else

Archived