Brewer Fanatic

9-Pack Question (Opening day tickets?)

Not sure if this is the appropriate board for this, but here goes...

On the 9-packs it says that they include a bonus 10th game (opening day) while supplies last. In the past, how fast have the opening day packs sold out? I'm thinking about buying a weekend package, but I want to make sure to get opening day included. Does that mean that I have to buy them pretty much right away (now)?

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Well, the Brewers' website says the 9-packs went on sale at 9:00 this morning (about 25 minutes ago, as I type), and described them as "popular." Link

So if I were in your shoes, I would not wait long to decide on a 9-pack. It looks like the "bonus" game for each 9-pack is Opening Day.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I just got a weekend 9 pack and they just assumed I wanted Opening Day as the free 10th game. I think they are going to have plenty of Opening Day tickets with the 9 packs unless 20 game and full season ticket packages are way up so far this year.

Last year I got my 9 pack the day before the general public on sale date and ended up with opening day tickets 4 rows back from where our normal seats were.

^^^ That is good to hear! I just placed my order, so hopefully when they call me to confirm, opening day is still available, especially considering i already know i'm missing the first game of my package! Is it April yet????
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I had a ticket rep call me a week ago and asked me if I wanted to purchase the 9-pack before it went on sale to the general public. He knew I'd probably want a 9-pack based on how many games I went to last year (I buy tickets with my Master Card, so they knew that info).

I have considered buying at least a 9-pack for the past couple seasons, so this year I decided to go for it!

Miller Park South...if you haven't already, go for the $100 preferred parking also...I think that's a pretty good deal when you consider it's only $10 per game (when regular parking was $8 last year).

Dumb question: Does anyone know if the seats you get for Opening Day are the same as the other ones you get with the 9 game pack?

You used to, when packs didn't automatically include Opening Day. Now that they all include opening day no matter what, you most likely won't have the same seats, but you'll be in the same section.

My opening day seats were the same exact seats as all of the other games I got.

Also, I got my package for Christmas as my wife contacted the ticket office in mid-December to get my 9-pack, and it came with the goofy little Brewers nutcracker Christmas ornament. They've had them for sale for a few weeks now for those that inquired, but didn't make the public announcement/on-sale date official until today.

Just something to remember for next year for those looking to ask for what they really want for Christmas http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif.

My opening day seats were the same exact seats as all of the other games I got.

You're the lucky one then. Really if you think about it, there's what, 5 different packages for 9 game packs? That means they can sell that block of seats essentially 5 times, but if all 5 of those include Opening Day, 4 groups have to be moved to different seats for that one shared game.

This will pretty much ensure Opening Day is close to a sell out before single tiks go on sale, which I am sure they will try and make the 2nd game very popular as well. The 3rd game is a bobblehead, so they are looking to have a huge weekend to open up '08.

• 2 weeks later...
My rep told me when I called for my 20 game that over the phone they don't charge you the $20 or $30 processing fee like they do online. If anyone wants his number, just PM me.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

How many opening day tickets do you get with a 9 game pack? If you have 4 tickets for each game do you get 4 opening day tickets? I bought 4 tickets for the Saturday Plus 20 game pack and it does not come with opening day and I found out today that I can only get 2 opening day tickets during their pre-order period for season ticket holders. Kind of bummed about that.

• 3 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I bought the Friday package with a fellow FIB. Looking forward to the season!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'm glad I got mine when I did (about two weeks ago). Unless you have some sweet connections, I'd imagine opening day tickets are going to be pricey from this point on. I got mine, so I'm good!

If you purchased a 9 pack, which package did you purchase? I bought the Premier Plan.

Follow me on Twitter

Archived