Brewer Fanatic

bobbleheads announced for 2008

patrickgpe

not sure if this is the right place, but its always highly anticipated

1. Opening Day: a magnetic schedule.

2. April 6: a Prince Fielder bobblehead.

3. June 1: Ryan Braun bobblehead.

4. June 22: Polish racing sausage bobblehead.

5. July 6: Brewers' original mascot, "Barrel Man," will be featured in a bobblehead.

6. August 24: J.J. Hardy bobblehead.

7. Sept. 7: Corey Hart bobblehead.

link

doesn't that happen for every game? I know you can't stop people from getting their bobblehead and leaving but i wish they would do away with the rule allowing people to buy extra tickets to get extra bobbleheads.

Honestly, if one guy wants to buy 2.5 million tickets and we can get raise our payroll as a result, I'm just fine with it.

I know you can't stop people from getting their bobblehead and leaving but i wish they would do away with the rule allowing people to buy extra tickets to get extra bobbleheads.
You're such a fan!

The Brewers don't really care. The whole point of these promotions are to sell tickets. Mission Accomplished.

I know you can't stop people from getting their bobblehead and leaving but i wish they would do away with the rule allowing people to buy extra tickets to get extra bobbleheads.
You're such a fan!

The Brewers don't really care. The whole point of these promotions are to sell tickets. Mission Accomplished.

As previously cited on a number of sources, no-shows can have a negative effect on revenue, as they limit the sales of parking, concessions, and souvenirs. I can't think of what they could do to prevent them, but I'm sure it has been a topic of conversation at some point.

there was a time not too long ago when thats the only time we could sell tickets. Unfortunately for your arguments, the guys buying multiple tickets are the cheapest tickets in the house. The couple times i missed a bobblehead game and got one one ebay and it came with a ticket they were bernie's terrace. Thats not going to help us extend fielder's contract. Also as mentioned above, selling the cheapest tickets and having no-shows, can mean that the brewers will make less. I'd rather have everyone that wants to go to the game be able to go to and get a bobblehead than allow a oouple of losers to get 50 bobbleheads and sell them to make a couple dollars profit.

Plus there are many people who will sell their bobblehead inside the stadium for a beer or a few bucks, and they can get those and turn them around.

also as a general observation do you really think the brewers care that much about selling out the terrace tickets for any game. The majority of their revenue comes from luxury boxes and field level seats. I always assume that the terrace tickets were there so average fans like myself can enjoy games.

To be honest with you, I was just kidding. I really haven't put much thought into it, and I've never not been able to get a ticket to a game. I don't think this is really that big of an issue, and if just going to a game is your primary concern, then there are plenty of games you can go to where there isn't a huge crowd unfortunately. Plus, just about the only way you don't get a ticket to a bobble head night is if you walk up about 10 minutes before the game.

Pretty sure this will be the first time there's no 'retro' players in the bobble-head rotation (unless you count Barrel Man....which I'll probably skip.)

I'm glad they've listed the promotional dates this early; it seemed to take forever last year.

5. July 6: Brewers' original mascot, "Barrel Man," will be featured in a bobblehead.

Whoaaaa... I have to find a way to get my hands on this one. I'll have to store this in the memory banks.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I just sincerely hope that Craig Counsel or perhaps Joe Dillon is on the magnetic schedule. hell, put Alfonso Soriano on there if it means he'll get injured!
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Archived