Brewer Fanatic

1st Annual WSSP Hot Stove Party, Sat, Feb 9th

WSSP will be hosting the 1st Annual Hot Stove Party on Saturday February 9th:

Liquor Sweets

3000 S 13th street

Milwaukee, WI

Tables will be first come, first serve. It's a chance for you to ask questions to WSSP's baseball panel, hosted by Tim & Sparky. The event will NOT be broadcast, so if you want to get in on it, you have to be there.

Also:

- Tim Allen's Band will be making their first appearance in Milwaukee, playing from 9:30 PM to 11:30 PM

- Celebrity guests are still TBA

- Sponsors are welcome, and can contact WSSP's Tony Hubli at (414) 529-1250 for details and pricing

Hope to see you there!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really looking forward to this event. If you've never met Tim Allen and "Sparky" from 1250 WSSP, you definitely have to come out. There's no bigger Brewers fan (debatable) than Tim and "Sparky's" energy level when discussing the Brew Crew is a real treat. They know their stuff and they are always entertaining. Best of all, you get to network with other Brewers fanatics like myself.

February may be the shortest month in days but the longest month for baseball fans-this is a great way to build that baseball fever for what will be another exciting year.

I'll be in attendance wearing my "Happy" #99 jersey so please come up and introduce yourself and let's talk some Brewers baseball. I'd love to hear your take on the best/worst signings of the offseason, team predictions for '08, past stories, etc.

So, who's with me?

"Happy"

...and the Happy Youngster makes another fine grab!" -Matty V.

No thanks Steve Fifer is the reason I stay away from 1250 between 9-11 everyday. It's to bad Tim Allen and the Brewers post game show couldn't be moved to 1510 (or whatever there new station is going to be). Maybe if someone like Drew Olsen or Bill Johnson were hosting the hot stove. Just my opinion tho...

"Sparky" can be pretty difficult to listen to. It worries me when I agree with him. Tim Allen can be better, but he wears on me. His defense of Clemens was pretty weak. He must come from Texas and be an old fan of some team when Clemens was there. I got a kick out of his evaluation of Favre as quite bad as a QB and maybe he might be the 14th or 15th best in the NFL.

But the words I would use to describe Bill Johnson are all disallowed on this forum. I contemplated setting up a website to try and get him fired. He used to constantly state opposition to any opinion he had in the most cartoon like exaggerations and finish with something like, "they just don't have any common sense." He's always quick to say how he doesn't care what anyone thinks... ok. He's the kind of person who makes me a bit sad when I hear he has reproduced

Drew Olson is pretty good. He is the odd man out in that morning gig. I may go though. I don't live all that far. I don't get to that particular neighborhood that much and I can't picture which place that is.

Formerly AKA Pete

Best of all, you get to network with other Brewers fanatics like myself.
Well in that case I'll probably be camping out in front of the place starting Friday afternoon in order to be the first in line.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Of the maybe 50-70 people there throughout the evening, Only one identified themselves as a board member to me

There might have been a few more, but i expected a few hoots or hollers when brewerfan.net was mentioned

That, and there is a lack of any other post event mention on the board

It was a really good time, I hope it was the weather (location too?), not a lack of interest that kept people away

I think it would be a huge orgy of Brewerdom if they did the same thing at Friday's the day after the All-Star game

Archived