Brewer Fanatic

Who would make a better CF? Hall or Hart

jason21nl
I am constantly amazed on how TGJ's inability to hit the ball out of the IF, has turned into a perception of stellar D, speed, contact hitting and OBP...
It sounds like Nichols Law Of Catcher Defense can be applied to outfielders, too. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

No surprise here that I'm going to say Hart x 100. (And Gwynn x infinity.) Hall killed me last year. Whether it was going back on balls poorly, coming in on balls poorly, making poor throws, losing his balance, slipping around, or even just handling the ball poorly, it seems like every game I had to drop my head in shame and embarassment at his play out there and hope that no one outside the Brewers market was watching what we were trying to pass off as acceptable MLB-level centerfield defense here in Milwaukee. A circus. A disaster. A failed experiment from game 1 to game 162. I guess I'm one of the few who don't think he'll ever be any good out there ... and I'm afraid that it will be part of what keeps us out of the playoffs going forward.

Btw, my love of Gywnn's defense has nothing to do with deception based on his weak bat. Nor am I concerned that the sample is too small on him. I've seen him play CF, I've used my eyes, he blows away Hall out there and is better than Hart. In my opinion, apparently.....

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I'd have to watch Hart out in CF more often, but Hall looked very much to me like an infielder put into CF for most of the year. If Hall stays in CF this year, hopefully Hall improves a lot, not just a little bit. The infield defense obviously was the biggest problem defensively last year, but having Hall in CF didn't help matters either.

What I meant with speed at the plate was that he could bunt or slap hit and or cause teams to hurry throws, things like that. Anyway, I know he may be weak but I still believe if given the chance he could be descent and I think his D would be superior to any other cf option we have. In no way am I saying he should just have the job either, I think that this spring training will show us something and we'll take it from there. I just hope we come up with a viable player to fill our last hole!

Archived