Brewer Fanatic

favorite local bands

patrickgpe

i realize that we are all not from milwaukee nor do most of us seek out local bands in small clubs to watch, so i am not sure if this will go anywhere, but here are my favorite milwaukee bands in no particular order.

maraschino

saltshakers

maritime

test pilot

the blackberries

i realize that we are all not from milwaukee nor do most of us seek out local bands in small clubs to watch, so i am not sure if this will go anywhere, but here are my favorite milwaukee bands in no particular order.

maraschino

saltshakers

maritime

test pilot

the blackberries

thanks very much, patrick... it means a lot to see that you dig our band. i also like maritime and a lot of bands that aren't really together anymore. the etiquette, the obsoletes, the benjamins, and carolina were all great and i miss them.

I don't get out a ton any more so I'm not all that familiar with the local bands. However, a couple of weeks ago, my wife and I were out and caught a little of a Milwaukee band called "Five Card Studs". They were hilarious. They were a parody of 70's lounge bands. They sang songs like "The Love Boat" and "Moonlight Feels Right". The lead singer just acts it up to a tee with the shirt buttoned down 3 or 4 buttons and the big sunglasses.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Brian, I saw Beatallica on the Rock Stage last summer. Good stuff!

I don't like The Beatles, but as long as they are playing Metallica style, that's good by me.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

my band, Louis Tully (www.myspace.com/louistullypartyprogram) ...we're on tour right now in and are currently in Pensacola...but if you like punk music at all check out these bands: Beach Patrol, Mad Swirl, Modern Machines, Yesterday's Kids, Holy Sh_t!, THe Kind Of Jazz Music That Kills, Ifihadahifi, Bear Proof Suit, Mistreaters, Lefty Loosie, Uh Oh, Dinosaur Pills, Tuff Bananas, Catholic Boys, Leghounds, Jetty Boys, and obviously Boris The Sprinkler

All awesome.

Oh, and whoever said they liked the Obsoletes, check out Yesterday's Kids cuz thats Justin and Tim from the Obsoletes...the only thing that really changed was the drummer (who was in the Benjamins) and if you can find it anywhere check out the Screwballs, also Tim and Justin, but the songs were completely high school type lyrics...pretty funny stuff

In no order from the Twin Cities off the top of my head... Heiruspecs, Dan Wilson, Gary Louris/The Jayhawks, Vicious Vicious, Dosh, To Kill a Petty Bourgeoisie, Atmosphere, Brother Ali, Mason Jennings, Basement Apartment, Owls, Cloud Cult, The Come Ons, Kid Dakota, um... I'm forgetting quite a few. But I LOVE our local music scene.

Not Prince.

my band, Louis Tully (www.myspace.com/louistullypartyprogram) ...we're on tour right now in and are currently in Pensacola...but if you like punk music at all check out these bands: Beach Patrol, Mad Swirl, Modern Machines, Yesterday's Kids, Holy Sh_t!, THe Kind Of Jazz Music That Kills, Ifihadahifi, Bear Proof Suit, Mistreaters, Lefty Loosie, Uh Oh, Dinosaur Pills, Tuff Bananas, Catholic Boys, Leghounds, Jetty Boys, and obviously Boris The Sprinkler

All awesome.

Oh, and whoever said they liked the Obsoletes, check out Yesterday's Kids cuz thats Justin and Tim from the Obsoletes...the only thing that really changed was the drummer (who was in the Benjamins) and if you can find it anywhere check out the Screwballs, also Tim and Justin, but the songs were completely high school type lyrics...pretty funny stuff

Yeah, I'm familiar with Yesterday's Kids... I'm friends with those guys. Justin from the Obsoletes engineered/produced our full length this past year. He's a super talented guy.

Archived