Brewer Fanatic

Adam Heether's Projectability

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Heether would need to be protected if we want to keep him next year. Unless of course he doesn't get picked in the rule 5 draft, but then he probably would not have much value if no one picked him.

I think he makes for great AAA depth and could get a cup of coffee for some team. Anything more than that is unlikely, but ya never know.

This is Adam's sixth year in the system, and the Brewers own their minor league kids for seven, so he'll be part of the system in 2009. Remember, the term "six-year minor league free agent" is deceiving. It means organizations can "renew" the minor league contract six times, thus seven years of ownership all together.

Don't look now, but his OBP is up to .381 and his OPS up to .828; and he has been playing a bunch of SS the last two months - I think that means the organization is looking at him as a possible utility guy. Will he ever be a star? Unlikely. Can he be backup utility IF? I think so. He's no Chris Barnwell.

He also had a .818 OPS in the Southern League last year - not bad at all for that league.

Archived