Brewer Fanatic

KC signs Hideo Nomo (minor league contract)

smbrewersfan15

You know though, it tells me that teams are willing to sign guys like Clement and Nomo, and not willing to trade for guys like cappy or Vargas. Maybe all our extra mediocre pitching really isn't worth much afterall.

This is a minor-league deal. I agree with buc's note that it looks like KC's GM is doing some nugget mining of his own here. I see no way in which this correlates to or helps us to understand Cappy's/Bush's/Vargas's trade value.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Nomo can't be any worse than mike morgan. I've seen a couple of cases in the past where a pitcher will sign a minor league deal with a team just so he can try to get some major league attention by pitching back into shape. they usually have a clause that if not brought up to the majors by a certain date, they can become a free agent. I recall the Brewers did this with a couple of pitchers a few years back. they had no intention of calling the player up, but at least gave him some exposure. Didn't the brewers do something similar with Wright? percival is a guy who was given a minor league contract to see if he had anything left. he ended up doing pretty well.

Archived