Brewer Fanatic

Uniform Numbers

Paul77

In theory he could, but he probably won't. I don't think (though I could be wrong) that he had any attatchment to the #33. As far as I know it was simply assigned to him in 2006. When Estrada arrives last season Carlos choose #12. I'd be surprised if he changed back.

To recap, someone saw an old Villy jersey #33 and thought it was current but - as of now, the only current Brewers making a number switch is Gabe Gross.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

To recap, someone saw an old Villy jersey #33 and thought it was current but - as of now, the only current Brewers making a number switch is Gabe Gross.

Mota had to make the switch to #58 because Turnbow had #59.

FYI, I emailed Adam McCalvy asking if the NRI guys' uniform numbers will show up on the website before spring training, what Teddy Simmons' number would be, and what Hanel's new number would be.

I sent that question the day the updated numbers on the roster happened. So far, no changes on the website and no response from Adam McC.

Prince should change to 52 since he needs the extra motivation to propell him past his father's shadow.

Rickie should be #52 because there's 52 Weeks in a year. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif Although 23 is close to the amount of Weeks in the regular season.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

• 1 month later...

Worth the bump for the increased chance that someone besides a Brewers writer may have these answers:

- What number is Ted Simmons wearing this year?

- Not that I care much, but for the sake of completeness, same question applied to Marcus Hanel?

The Brewers' website still isn't updated and no replies from McAlvy. Anyone attending any workouts that can provide the answer?

Not a number change persay, just a question. In the spring traing pics topic there is a link to some pics on yahoo. Sheets and Bush standing around the cage, but why is Bush wearing a batting helmet with #56 on it? He's been around long enough, you would think that he should have his own helmet somewhere. I remember one of the coaches being #56, but for the life of me can't remember who it is/was--anyone know?
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Well, if it's a single digit number, it almost has to be 9.

1- Hart

2- Hall

3- Yost

4- Molitor

5- Jenkins(although he's not with the team any more, I'd bet they don't give his number away for a couple seasons)

6-Sedar

7- Hardy

8- Braun

9- ?

So unless Yost or Sedar changed numbers, or they decide to give 5 away, it has to be 9.

Archived