Brewer Fanatic

Accolades for Brewers front office from Business Journal

brewerjamie15

BREWERS VICE PRESIDENT - CONSUMER MARKETING TODD TAYLOR

NAMED TO BUSINESS JOURNAL'S 2008 FORTY UNDER 40 LIST

MILWAUKEE, WI - Milwaukee Brewers Vice President - Consumer Marketing Todd Taylor has been named to The Business Journal's[/i] "Forty Under 40" list for 2008. As a recipient of this award, Taylor will be honored at the Forty Under 40 awards dinner on February 25th at the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee along with additional Milwaukee area honorees as chosen by The Business Journal[/i].

This marks the third time in the last four years that a Brewers employee has been named to the list by the Business Journal (joining Executive Vice President - Finance and Administration Bob Quinn and Senior Director of Marketing Kathy Schwab).

Taylor, 36, joined the Brewers as Vice President - Consumer Marketing in March of 2006. In his role with the club, Taylor is responsible for all aspects of ticket sales and services, suite sales and services, consumer marketing and advertising, and retail branding with an emphasis on fan connection programs.

"Todd has been very influential in all aspects of the Brewers consumer marketing efforts," said Brewers Executive Vice President - Business Operations Rick Schlesinger. "This past season, the team reached an all-time franchise attendance record at Miller Park, and Todd and his staff developed numerous programs for fans to come out and watch one of baseball's most exciting young teams. We are very proud of this recognition and applaud him for his efforts"

In his two seasons with the Brewers, the team's season attendance has increased each year, including a Major League-best increase of 22.8% from 2006 to 2007. Last season, the Brewers established an all-time franchise attendance mark at Miller Park by drawing 2,869,144 to Brewers home games. In addition, the Brewers ranked in the top five throughout Major League Baseball in group ticket sales. The organization's consumer marketing efforts also resulted in a top 10 ranking for MLB Team Brands in the 2007 Turnkey Team Brand Index.

With the Brewers, Taylor has organized several initiatives to help raise funds for worthy causes. This past season, he and his staff created the Bill Hall Pink Bat Promotion (benefiting the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure) and the Opening Day Uecker Seat Promotion (with a portion of the proceeds going to the Make-A-Wish Foundation). He also was instrumental in developing the immensely popular "Walk Off Wednesday" promotion in 2007.

Prior to joining the Brewers, Taylor was Vice President of Ticket Sales and Services for the Portland Trail Blazers for two seasons. He also spent six years working in the Columbus Blue Jackets hockey organization

"Being selected to the Forty Under 40 for 2008 is a major honor of which I am very proud," Taylor said. "I have been fortunate to work with, and learn from, great people throughout my career. This personal recognition is really a reflection of the combined influence those people have had on me as a young executive."

A veteran of 10 years in professional sports, Taylor graduated from The Ohio State University in 1995 with a degree in Consumer Affairs. He and his wife Jennifer have three children and reside in Hartland, Wisconsin.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Archived