Brewer Fanatic

ATT U-Verse

soundsfan

I'm not sure if this is related, but when I had Directv I had the complete Fox Sports package. I got Brewer games on FSN Wisconsin, but the rest of the stations were blacked out when they had games playing. I'm not sure what the rules are but I think you may only be able to access the FSN game for the team in your market even though you have all FSN channels.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

I'm not sure if this is related, but when I had Directv I had the complete Fox Sports package. I got Brewer games on FSN Wisconsin, but the rest of the stations were blacked out when they had games playing. I'm not sure what the rules are but I think you may only be able to access the FSN game for the team in your market even though you have all FSN channels.

That's what happened when I had the free preview with U-Verse. I had all the networks FSN Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, SNY, YES etc. and they all came in unless a game was on. I didn't have the sports package at all during that time though so I'm not completely sure.

Direct TV has the exclusive MLB Extra Innings package. Without them you will only get your 'local' teams games whatever team they decide that is

Right -- and I don't think that the MLB EI package means you get every single game either -- I had the package a few years ago, and it seemed like while I got a bunch of games, that on days when ESPN had their games, the EI package had none. -- That may have changed.

Among the long-season sports (ie, not the NFL), I think the NBA has the best package in terms of coverage. You miss, at most, 2 games of any given team over the course of the year. With the MLB pack, I found Gameday Audio to be a kind of necessary supplement as I would estimate there are usually about 30 Brewers games that aren't on TV for whatever reason. Larger market teams like the Mets, Red Sox and Yankees seem to have far fewer uncovered games. I think the only times their games aren't on are when they conflict with the stupid Fox Saturday TV games. However, because the Brewers don't televise all their games and neither do some of the other teams in their division, some games aren't on.

Actually, thinking back, I think that the number of untelevised Brewer games was greater in past seasons. It's just that this year was the first year their games really mattered throughout the year, which may have just made the missed games more frustrating.

However, despite any missed games, I would still highly recommend getting the Extra Innings package. It's great to be able to watch baseball from 6 PM to midnight most nights if you want to. I would recommend the NBA pack for the same reasons, but not everyone here likes basketball.

As for the regional sports networks, I had those on my DirecTV for several years but I finally got so frustrated with pretty much every actual sporting event being blacked out that I got mad and called and canceled it a couple years ago. I haven't missed it since, except on days when I know Mike & The Mad Dog (simulcast on YES in the afternoons) will be bashing Isiah Thomas.

Archived