Brewer Fanatic

What is your favorite quote?

sbrylski

Doesn't have to be baseball related - it can be a proverb, a funny quote, a dumb quote, or whatever...

There's so many great ones, but I've always loved Yogi Berra's, "Nobody goes there anymore, its too crowded." That's just such a perfect line.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." ~Maria (in Shakespeare's Twelfth Night)

One of my buddies favorite sayings, whenever a woman does something ridiculous and has perfect justification in her mind that makes no sense to anyone else: "[women] is crazy."

"Got a little distracted by someone doing the repeater."

"That'll happen."

"That will happen."

(Name that movie?)

And the obligatory Homer J Simpson quote: "I thought the cop was a prostitute."

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

For those fans of Larry McMurtry's book 'Lonesome Dove', the quote: "uva uvam vivendo varia fit" is one of my favorites.

Part of why I regard this as one of my favorites is because it took me some effort to try and find a translation. There are many interpretations, but I finally settled upon "the versatile grape ripens in the presence of others". I think it applies to my enjoyment of this site, slopplily translated as "the versatile Brewer fan grows wiser by interacting with other Brewer fans", or "uva uvam vivendo brewvaria fit".

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." ~Maria (in Shakespeare's Twelfth Night)

One of my buddies favorite sayings, whenever a woman does something ridiculous and has perfect justification in her mind that makes no sense to anyone else: "[women] is crazy."

"That'll happen."

"That will happen."

(Name that movie?)

That is from Super Troopers.
One Stop Shop For Cell Phone Accessories. Like US On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Wireless/233579846693356

"That'll happen."

"That will happen."

(Name that movie?)

That is from Super Troopers.
One Stop Shop For Cell Phone Accessories. Like US On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Wireless/233579846693356

Wow, where do I start?

My favorite is from Gladiator, "Unleash Hell."

Caddyshack quotes:

"I like you Betty."

"Hey, Wang. This is a restricted club, so don't tell them you're Jewish. Ok? Ok."

"Of course it good pot, I bought it from a negro."

"I sentenced kids younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. Felt like I owed it to them."

Mine lately are all Charles Bukowski...

"Humanity, you never had it to begin with."

"Love is a fog that burns with the first daylight of reality."

"Frankly, I was horrified by life, at what a man had to do simply in order to eat, sleep, and keep himself clothed. So I stayed in bed and drank. When you drank the world was still out there, but for the moment it didn't have you by the throat."

Archived