Brewer Fanatic

Your 2008 Brewer Fan Resolutions

Pedro

Why? I don't get it? Will you sit if you are blocking someone's view and they ask you to sit?

Patrick...

If it's an elderly person or disabled person, then sure...but anyone else...NO!! I'm at the ballgame and we're supposed to cheer for our team. If I'm standing up and cheering respectfully, then the people behind me just have to deal with it. My answer to them is..."Stay at home then."

My point was directly related to the ushers at Miller Park who come by and ask me to sit down. Nope! No more. I'll tell them to sit down!

I'm at the ballgame and we're supposed to cheer for our team. If I'm standing up and cheering respectfully, then the people behind me just have to deal with it. My answer to them is..."Stay at home then."
This isn't the student section at a high school football game though. People should be able to enjoy the game from their seats. If someone tells you to sit down while you're cheering after a home run, big play, strikeout, during a big at-bat, in the 9th inning, etc., then fine, you have the right to tell them no. It seems unnecessary to tell a paying fan to stay at home just because they want to see the game.

This isn't the student section at a high school football game though. People should be able to enjoy the game from their seats. If someone tells you to sit down while you're cheering after a home run, big play, strikeout, during a big at-bat, in the 9th inning, etc., then fine, you have the right to tell them no. It seems unnecessary to tell a paying fan to stay at home just because they want to see the game.

Ditto. I guess this is why I sit in the family section.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

You guys are missing the point. I'm a respectful fan, but I'm talking about the more intense moments of the game (ie 9th inning, 2 outs in the eighth...something like that)...those are the moments I'll be standing rooting for my team. I've been asked three times now by ushers in the 9th inning to sit down. I'm sorry you guys, but I have the right as a fan to stand up and cheer for my team JUST AS MUCH as you have the right as a fan to sit down and expect a clear viewing.... But....in the 9th inning or any other really impt, intense moment of the game...I'm going to be standing up and cheering...and if I'm not swearing or being a drunk idiot...then leave me the heck alone and enjoy the game..

You guys are missing the point. I'm a respectful fan, but I'm talking about the more intense moments of the game (ie 9th inning, 2 outs in the eighth...something like that)...those are the moments I'll be standing rooting for my team. I've been asked three times now by ushers in the 9th inning to sit down. I'm sorry you guys, but I have the right as a fan to stand up and cheer for my team JUST AS MUCH as you have the right as a fan to sit down and expect a clear viewing.... But....in the 9th inning or any other really impt, intense moment of the game...I'm going to be standing up and cheering...and if I'm not swearing or being a drunk idiot...then leave me the heck alone and enjoy the game..

Those sound like accepted times to be standing during the game. Times when everybody else would be standing. You made it sound like you stood for the whole game or you stood up for the 2nd inning or something.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• 3 months later...
Pedro's 2008 Resolutions...

1. I will enjoy the games, win or lose

2. I will post more on Brewerfan.net

3. I will learn more about the sabr-side of baseball

4. I will not call Ned Yost things I would be embarrassed for my children to hear

5. I will eat less peanuts at the games

6. I will stop genuflecting at the altar of the '82 Brewers

7. I will appreciate Corey Hart more

8. I will appreciate Mike Maddux less

9. I will turn the TV down and the radio up

10. I will not bet on the sausage races

Nine games into the season, and I must say, I'm not doing too good on some of my resolutions:

I still fear every loss is the start of prolonged, season-killing slump, even though there have only been three.

Well I have not called Yost things that I would be embarrassed for my children to hear, I have said those things about Eric Gagne.

I still don't post much.

I've eaten a lot of peanuts.

I have read "The Book," Baseball Prospectus and The Hardball Times, so at least I've kept up with that resolution.

I'm a work in progress.

• 5 months later...
Pedro's 2008 Resolutions...

1. I will enjoy the games, win or lose - I did a horrible job on my main resolution. I have not enjoyed the ride the 2008 season has been. I've been pessimistic most of the way, even when we had the 6 game WC lead. I'm not happy with myself about this, but it is what it is. If we somehow manage to make the playoffs, I'll have really managed to cheat myself out of a fun season.

2. I will post more on Brewerfan.net - Eh, better than 2007, but still pretty weak.

3. I will learn more about the sabr-side of baseball - This I actually did good at; joined Baseball Prospectus and read a number of books on the subject. It has definitely expanded my understanding of the game. Though I wonder if this is somehow related to #1 and my lack of enthusiasm for this team. I need to ponder that more.

4. I will not call Ned Yost things I would be embarrassed for my children to hear - Well, I did curse him less, but I wasn't perfect in this area. I'm guessing few people were.

5. I will eat less peanuts at the games - I failed miserably at this.

6. I will stop genuflecting at the altar of the '82 Brewers - This I did well at; I've had enough of wallowing in the past.

7. I will appreciate Corey Hart more - I was doing pretty good in this area until about a month ago.

8. I will appreciate Mike Maddux less - I rarely even think about Maddux anymore.

9. I will turn the TV down and the radio up - Thumbs up for me. I did this as often as I could, even at the expense of non-synced game experiences. I'll take Jim and a declining Bob over Brian and Bill.

10. I will not bet on the sausage races - Only once. But a client wanted to, so I should be forgiven.

While cursing during this afternoon's game, I for some reason remembered this thread and I wanted to check back and see how I and everyone else did. Overall, not bad, but since I failed #1 so bad I have a hard time giving myself a positive grade for this performance. Maybe next year I'll do better.

Archived