Brewer Fanatic

Your 2008 Brewer Fan Resolutions

Pedro

Pedro's 2008 Resolutions...

1. I will enjoy the games, win or lose

2. I will post more on Brewerfan.net

3. I will learn more about the sabr-side of baseball

4. I will not call Ned Yost things I would be embarrassed for my children to hear

5. I will eat less peanuts at the games

6. I will stop genuflecting at the altar of the '82 Brewers

7. I will appreciate Corey Hart more

8. I will appreciate Mike Maddux less

9. I will turn the TV down and the radio up

10. I will not bet on the sausage races

I will try to enjoys games more too Pedro. It seems like i have such a vested interest and there were soo many tough games last year towards the end of the year I had to take mini brewer vacations for my own personal sanity. I have remember how much i love baseball and i sat through complete garbage teams in the 90's so having a team in the playoff race until the third last game of the year is not too bad.

i just hope to attend more games this year.

downgrading from the full season to the 20-pack (shared) gave me less opportunities to attend. going back to the full season should lend to more oportunities.

also the fact that our child became mobile this past year made her nearly impossible to take to a game. it was really easy her first year because she couldnt walk...she was stuck on our lap. now, she wont sit on anyone's lap for more than about 15 seconds at a time!

soon enough i hope!

I will speak up when a fan in the vicinity is wrecking my enjoyment of the game.

I will take a swing at that fan if he asks for it.

I will stop buying cheese fries in a helmet just because they come in a cool helmet.

I will catch my first home run, dammit.

I will "OOOOO" at the Toronto game, and make sure everyone else does, even though I never liked that cheer.

I will also make sure Jenkins is welcomed back proper.

I will go to more games.

I went to two all of last year...fortunately they were both excellent games. The first was Miller's walk-off on LaCrosse day, and the second was a blowout of the Reds. I remember Villanueva went 7 strong and Joe Dillon had 4 RBIs or something.

1. I will not make any predictions about records, roadtrips and homestands. I have a bad habit at looking ahead in the schedule and thinking, "we should be able to win the next 3 series' or "we should go like 5-4 on this roadtrip" or "we should sweep the (insert team with bad record)" i get in such a habit of doing this but it pretty much never works out the way it's "supposed" to. i will save myself a lot of frustrating times in 2008 if i just stop doing this...

2. i will go see a brewers road game in 2008

3. i will go to jenkins' first game at MP and cheer my butt of for him

4. i will not go to 15+ games before the All-Star Break and then < 5 games for the rest of the season

5. I will eat less at the games I go to

6. I will meet (in person) more members of BF.net!!!

I will go to all four games in Phoenix in June-July

I will watch as many Brewer games as possible on Extra Innings package

I will listen to Uecker and Powell on mlb.com audio and XM radio whenever I can (especially when there is no TV)

I will watch more Diamondbacks games, since they are my other favorite team. (usually, after 9 innings of roller-coaster riding with the Brewers, I'm too worn out to watch any more baseball)

I will be happy to have the chance to cheer for a pennant contender, win or lose.

I will not throw anything in disgust over what may or may not have happened in a game.

I will also try to meet more BF.netters, perhaps at Spring Training or down in PHX. (doubt I'll get up to WI this summer)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

1) I will give up on convincing people Turnbow is darn good for an 8th inning guy

2) I will tailgate more, and drink less inside Miller Park

3) I will try my best to come up with a cheer that equaled M-E-N-C-H MENCH-MENCH-MENCH for someone else on the squad this year

4) I will get more people to call Joe Dillon "Crazy Joe Dillon"

5) Instead of throwing things, I will drop 360 F-Bombs like Prince and Ned

6) I will stop taking those JJ Makes me Hard-y shirts so literally.

7) I'll find myself a woman to take to a Brewers game, and she'll have a good time

8) No more Bud Light (this goes for my friends). Every time you drink a Bud product at Miller Park, Albert Pujols hits a home run.

9) I'll cheer for Jenkins when he strikes out on a pitch in the dirt

10) "OOOOOOOOOO" is coming out, every AB his first game.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I will see my doctor to further control my blood pressure...

I will pass on the oh so tasty loaded nachos..

I will tip my club level server

I will NOT call the poor schmoe at the concession stand who wont serve me 12 seconds after the final out of the 7th a "fascist"...

I will remember cooking fuel for my tailgating..

I will take the stairs more, although I may suspend this resolution, if I just dont plain feel like doin it...

I will be nicer to the folks who insist on going in and out of the row I'm sitting in 4 times an inning..

I will give Yost a fair shot to start the season, praying he learned something.

I will not hate Kendall for stealing Gabes number and being a former Cub.

I will drink less beer. (I know.. i know)

I will appreciate other Racing Sausages more...

I will NOT let the Cub fans take over our park..

1. I promise to listen to the Brewer radio broadcast more. Bob U rules.

2. Eat healthier during the broadcasts....Those bratwurst's are wreaking havoc on the waistline.

3. No profanity when the Brewer batter can't bunt the runner to second.

4. Not get too excited when I hear Cub fan's crap....I have to consider that they are long suffering fan's and they lack manner's.

5. Rub my wife's feet during the game, as it makes my homelife alot easier. (that's a hint guys....lol)

lastly

6. Open my eyes and breathe when Turnbow is pitching.

1. Be more positive and cheer more when I go to games. Try to enjoy the games and celebrate more with my fellow Brewer fans. I tend to go into a little bit of a funk when the Brewers aren't doing well at games. I don't boo. I more or less sit there sulking in my seat. That needs to change for me. There is no point in me being at the game or leaving the game in a sour mood.

2. Mentally will the Brewers to play better. Hey, it's worth a shot. It's not like I have anything else to do or think about as I'm sitting there at the game.

3. Appreciate the incredible batting talents of Prince Fielder and Ryan Braun. Seriously, there is a chance that I may never see hitters that talented in Brewers uniforms again for the rest of my life. Soak it in.

1. I will listen to my friend talk about the Cubs at times, and then credit them when they deserve it, hopefully it will vice verse with the Brewers.

2. Focus more on Brewers games this year, especially during the stretch run, found myself not watching a whole lot of Brewers baseball late last year.

3. Not allow Cubs fans and/or players to take over the season.

4. Like Pedro, post more on brewerfan.net.

5. Continue my insane man-crush on Prince Fielder, like who here doesn't like the guy.

6. Just a personal goal, help my high school baseball team go to the state tourney.

1. I will still pick at least one Brewer on my Fantasy Baseball team.

2. I will post more on BrewerFan's forums.

3. I will not get as emotionally wrapped up in the games like I did last year.

4. To continue to use baseball (and subsequently softball) as a way to enjoy time with my wife and children.

I will accept that at least .02% of Cub fans know what they are talking about.

I will refrain from getting angry at local talk shows when they make real stupid comments like Gwynn has the best bat control on the team.

I will not watch a single game on tv the whole year so I can get a feel for what it was like for old time baseball fans to follow the team. Odd I know but it's something I've always sort of wanted to do.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I will not watch a single game on tv the whole year so I can get a feel for what it was like for old time baseball fans to follow the team. Odd I know but it's something I've always sort of wanted to do.

I like that one a lot. I may have to try that. Not every game, but a majority of them, so maybe I can get back that feeling of when I was 11 or 12 years old again. Listening to games on the radio, out on the back porch, on a hot summer night...ahhhhhh....

Yeah, definitely have to do more of that.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I will not call a game a 'must win' unless it actually is...

I will trust that Ned is not a Cylon and trying to undermind the Fleet...er team.

I will assume Ben is trying to stay healthy.

I will not think (or care) the national media is against the 'Crew.

I will give up the 'Packer Envy" that many Brewer fans get in August.

I promise to enjoy the games more and curse the outcomes less (this one will be hard).

I will still hate the Cubs.

That's kinda what I did last year, only getting to watch a handful of games, but listening to Uecker and Powell is very enjoyable. I almost enjoy listening to the games as much as watching them.

Resolutions:

Get to 5 home games this year and all 3 games in the Metrodome.

Try to keep my friends from fighting with Twins' fans in said dome.

Wish I could add spring training to this list, but can't guarantee that'll happen.

Meet more players from the team.

I have a few things I wanted to improve on.

1. Make it to at least 5 games. I only went to two this year.

2. Listen to more games on the radio. I spent way too much time in front of the TV.

3. Post more in the Major League forum. I usually think I don't have much of value to add.

4. Make it to Spring Training this year. Best spring break ever!

I will attend opening day this year.

I will not sit down at Miller Park if a usher asked me to.

I will post more on brewerfan.net.

I will attempt to obtain the Klements Sausage Racing song as my ring tone.

I will continue to critize Yost when needed. Otherwise, you gotta blame the players.

I will attend a playoff game in Miller Park this year.

I will not sit down at Miller Park if a usher asked me to.

Why? I don't get it? Will you sit if you are blocking someone's view and they ask you to sit?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

1. I will endeavor to be even more realistic about the Brewer's chances.

2. I will not let my love and loyalty to the Crew get in the way of my assessments or my expectations.

3. I will try to be more stat-informed.

4. I will allow for other's enthusiasm.

5. I will continue to tell myself that a month's full of leads given away or lost are exactly what good teams do because it's a long season and nothing matters in the moment.

6. I will understand that all sample sizes are too small.

7. I will have a threesome with Bonnie Brewer and the Kissing Bandit (if neither is dead).

8. I will be truly surprised when Sheets goes on the Disabled List.

9. I will whisper to every loud, obnoxious fan, "that's the spirit."

10. I will get all warm and fuzzy when I get Yosted.

Archived