Brewer Fanatic

LambeauLeap Forums Have Moved To Yuku

PeaveyFury

The staff are happy to announce plans to move the LambeauLeap forums from the current location to the new and improved Lambeauleap.net forums on Yuku!

Many posters at Brewerfan have expressed a reluctance to join the forums at LL due to separate registrations, separate links, separate off-topic discussions, etc. By moving the LL board to Yuku, much (if not all) of that has been eliminated. The new forum will not require a second registration if you already have an account at Brewerfan through Yuku. The Off Topic and Trade Post forums at LL will take you directly to the forums at Brewerfan, thus eliminating the possibility that separate discussions would take place on a topic, or that you'll miss out on discussion of something at one site. The Boards will be directly linked to one another from the main forum page on either site- you can simply click the 'Brewerfan.net Forums' forum link on the LL forums front page to go to Brewerfan, and as of Wednesday, January 2nd, vice versa. Not to mention the plus of having a a cleaner, functioning chat as well.

We're confident that this will both eliminate some of the hassles of having the two separate sites, and spur a significant increase in membership/activity on the football side of things.

The plan for the 'official' migration is for Wednesday, January 2nd. At that time, the current LL board will be locked down, and all discussions will take place at the Yuku board.

If you're posting here, you already have a Yuku account, and you shouldn't have to re-register. As with the Brewerfan Yuku migration from this summer, though, you MAY have to go 'apply for approval' before being able to post. We have tried to take care of a chunk of those already, so for some, it won't be an issue. Nonetheless, we'd encourage you to head over to the new board and get that taken care of as soon as you'd like.

We hope everyone will like the change. Go Pack!

The new board can be found at:

http://lambeauleap.yuku.com/

FAQ

Why are we migrating?

In comparison to what's currently in place, Brewerfan and LambeauLeap moderators and administrators have found Yuku to be a much more capable and secure system. Additionally, Brewerfan and LambeauLeap members will be able to use a single login.

Why am I getting an "Apply for Membership" message when I try to post?

Like Brewerfan, to avoid trolls, new LambeauLeap members will need to be approved by board administrators. Because neither Brewerfan's member list nor the current LambeauLeap member list can automatically be transferred to the new Yuku forum, even names who are familiar to us will need to go through this process.

Simply hit a Reply button or New Topic button to bring up the application. If you already have a Yuku (Brewerfan) account, all you have to do is apply; you don't have to go through another signup process.

In order to make things easier, based on a comparison of the Brewerfan and LambeauLeap member lists, we've created a list of about 85 members that will be pre-approved. These members will receive 'invitation' PMs. Please don't feel offended if you weren't invited and need to apply for membership instead. This list was based on a manual comparison and it would have been very easy to leave someone out.

I just started posting on LambeauLeap and I see ".brewersfandemonium" appended to my username. What the heck?

This means you're using a local Brewerfan Yuku profile rather than a global Yuku profile. Your choices are to:

1. Put up with it.
  2. Create a new profile. You can create up to five profiles under one Yuku account, meaning you can switch profiles via a link or popup without having to log out. You can probably create exactly the same username for each site if that's what you want.
  3. File a help ticket and see if it's possible to have your local account changed to a global one. Yuku staff will do this for you if your username is available globally.
For more information on usernames and profiles, see this section of the Brewerfan Usability FAQ: "How do I gain access to post on Brewerfan's forums?". The same information would apply to LambeauLeap.

Why are Off Topic and Trading Post separated from LambeauLeap's Main Forums box?

Even though Brewerfan and LambeauLeap are two separate boards, we consider ourselves to be part of one large community. For this reason, LambeauLeap will utilize the existing Off Topic and Trading Post forums over at Brewerfan. The only limitation to doing this is that we won't be able to move posts from LambeauLeap to either of those two forums (or vice versa).

What will happen to the posts on the old LambeauLeap forum?

The old board will be remain available in read-only format. If you wish to continue an existing discussion, go ahead and restart the topic on the new Yuku board.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I just sent out 83 invitations to the new board. I hope that these members are pre-approved rather than simply notified. I'm wondering because there was a membership application from a moderator that I had set up a couple of days ago. Stay tuned.

Congrats, by the way! I liked the old site but this will simplify things alot!

Thanks for all the work you do for these wonderful sites.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

It looks like we're going to have to approve all members even though we've invited 83 of you. Even if you might not have anything to post right now, you might want to apply right away. That way you'll be set and ready to go.

While attempting to post will bring up the application, going to this link may be more convenient:

LambeauLeap Forums Membership Application Page

Well, it wasn't actually ezBoard, but still, thanks for noticing. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif Updating that link will be Brian's task.

Peavey has locked down all of the old LambeauLeap forums except for Issues. That would mean that this thread--YUKU MIGRATION COMING THIS WEEK- PLEASE READ!--is still available if you have trouble posting on Yuku.

Alison (Yuku staff member) says that invited members should be able to post without having to apply for membership. Obviously, that hasn't been the case, so she's checking into the issue.

If the problem isn't solved in time to help us in the short term, a solution could help us and other Yuku boards down the road.

• 2 weeks later...
Alison (Yuku staff member) says that invited members should be able to post without having to apply for membership.

Alison has verified this issue and it's documented as a bug.

Well, it wasn't actually ezBoard, but still, thanks for noticing. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif Updating that link will be Brian's task.

Just like this one, the lambeauleap.net link on the homepage of brewerfan.net takes you to the old forum. Can it be changed to take you to the LL.net homepage or at least the new LL forums? Thanks.

Good find, slack. The image link on the BF home page goes to the old LL board while the image link here on the BF board goes to the LL home page.

Archived