Brewer Fanatic

What's in your CD player?

jordanmuehl

http://www.scenepointblank.com/reviews/covers/00122.jpg

Elliott, Song In The Air

Very haunting stuff. A good listen for anybody that is into the very early emo movement (you know, back before it was awful) -- the sound is a lot like a Mineral/SDRE-type.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

StrangeBreww! Fantastic!! Savatage is one of my favorite bands of all time, although I'm more into their stuff starting with Gutter and on into the rock operas. Still, Hall of the Mountain King is a classic metal record! The first Savatage album to have (future Trans-Siberian Orchestra founder) Paul O'Neill on board as producer and partial song-writer ... was the beginning of their more experimental work and integration of sophisticated elements of classical music. The "Broadway" elements soon followed. From HotMK I looove "Strange Wings", "White Witch", and "Prelude to Madness".

Wish I had a good follow-up like Iron Maiden, Fates Warning, Queensryche, or Armored Saint or something. Instead, the CD player in my car is currently home to this as of last night....

http://www.mtv.com/shared/media/images/amg_covers/200/dri500/i587/i58750ch3u3.jpg

...guess I've got a bit of a soft spot. "Gloria" kindof rocks, though..... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Valpo, I actually have Armored Saint ("Revelation") in my disc changer right now. However, I was listening to Doubledrive's "Blue in the Face" yesterday.

I'm liking Strange Breww's choices as well.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I have the leak of the new Mountain Goats ("Heretic Pride") and it's excellent. I'm still a sucker for the old ones, though. I'm always a sucker for a guy just playing an acoustic guitar and singing into a tape recorder. But, Darnielle's done pretty well moving up in the fidelity world. "Sweden" is amazing, though.

Slayer- Obscure & Obscene (live Holland boot from '85).
Too bad they don't bust out this playlist today.

Hell Awaits
Aggressive Perfector
Captor of Sin
Fight Til Death
Kill Again
Haunting the Chapel
Necrophiliac
Black Magic
Die by the Sword
Praise of Death
The Final Command
Hardening of the Arteries