Brewer Fanatic

Where is Jamie Navaro now?

Chkyhks2and0
As some of you know I own Neptune Comics in Waukesha. Today a tall man walks in to the store and asks if "Walking Dead" vol 8 is out? We told him no, and he then wants to know if we have anything else like "Walking Dead". I show him over to the graphic novel section and talk about different books. I leave him to make a decision. He walks up with a huge stack of graphic novels, and tells us how much he loves our store. He tell us he comes in every time he is in town, because he lives in Orlando FL. I knew he looked familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. He gave me his credit card to pay, and then I look at his name: Jamie Navaro. He was very nice, and a lot of energy. Said he'll be back in a month.

Last I heard he still owned a couple (yes - couple) of houses in Mukwonago. At one point he owned 3 houses there. I know he continued to live in Mukwonago while he played in Chicago. After he retired he sold one of the houses. He always talked about how much he liked living here. It wouldn't surprise me if it was him.
20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
A lot of Brewers live in Brookfield. Jenkins used to go to the Starbucks on Bluemound across from Brookfield Square a lot. Doug Davis used to take his kids to the Wirth Park pool. Sexson lived in Brookfield, Sheets lives there (saw him at Marty's pizza once with his family).
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

A lot of the Brewers used to live in Hales Corners back in the day. I know for sure that Molitor, Yount, and Gantner all lived there. I used to work at the Hardees on HWY 100 and Yount came through the drive thru in a mini-van with his family. He was driving and had a hat on that was down low. I thought it was him so I just asked to be sure. A brief, friendly encounter.

I like how this has devolved into a "i saw the athlete here once..."

Late 90's...my Dad and I were driving home from Bluemond in Brookfield and he wanted to drive through the condo development behind the Fashion Center. Anyway, this little kid runs crosses the street and my dad has to stop short. The kid's father, still in his front yard, looks at us and I notice it's Jeromy Burnitz. Not much of a reaction. I turn my head towards the house the kid ran towards and see this really attractive woman swinging a golf club in the yard. A split second later, Sexson walks out of the house and the kid jumps in his arms as we drive past. All I told my friends for the next week was : "Sexson's got a hot girlfriend!"

In 2001, I saw Greg Foster at the Brookfield K-Mart. He must have been averaging about 0.1 minutes a game at the time so that doesn't really count as an athlete sighting. (*rim shot*)

My biggest brush with an athelete was walking past ARod with Jane Seymore on Jefferson St in Milwaukee during lunch hour when the Yankees were in town a couple of years ago. And yes...it was Jane Seymore, she was in town for some promotion for mattresses or something. What's her link with Arod?...not sure.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Barbara Eden (I Dream of Jeanie) has actually had a few glasses of wine over a few trips to my bar. I guess she has a son or grandson that lives near Milton and she seems to like my place.

My fiance used to work at the Madison airport. She checked in Barry Alvarez, Andy North, Charlie Pride, Alabama, Ron Dayne, and many other local athletes.

continuing with the brushes with athletes thing...

i was on a layover at o'hare in about 1991ish and the entire bucks team was just down the concourse from me. i got a few autographs from the players and coaches on my boarding pass. i just remember walking down the concourse and moses malone passing by me.

In the same day....at Mitchell, flying to Dallas, in the airport, we walk past Ted Thompson (I explain to my wife who he is), then after Midwest has a problem with our plane and our replacement plane is the Bucks plane, who gets on the plane after us??? Doug Melvin! All in the same day! It was SOOOOO cool!

This is one of the neatest stories I ever heard and it also has to do when A-Rod was in town with the Yankees. I used to play a decent amount of poker and got to get to know many of the dealers at Poto before I just stuck to playing on-line (cheaper rake, way more hands per hour, rakeback, etc.). Many of the dealers knew that I was a big baseball and Brewer nut. I sat down at a table and a dealer told me that two nights before a guy went up to the counter to sign up for the no-limit game they had going. The woman at the counter asked for his name and he said "Alex R." So they wrote "Alex R." on the board and he had to wait his turn until a seat opened. The woman at the counter obviously had no idea who he was. On a side note, a buddy of mine has played at the no limit table several times against Billy Hall, Geoff Jenkins, Carlos Lee, and a couple of other Brewers whose names escape me now. He said Billy Hall was actually a pretty good player. Also, a guy I know that I can't stand lost a pot worth over a grand to Andrew Bogut at the no limit table at Poto. The guy flopped a set and Bogut called his gutshot straight draw all the way down which he hit on river. It would have been big money for him but pennies for a multi-millionaire which made the story even better!

Archived